Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patterson or Hopkins?

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Swaggasaurus' timestamp='1357142541' post='2073018']
Patterson, Hopkins will be the 3rd WR off the board. With the strong seasons of Hopkins and Twill, you have to think a guy like Justin Hunter could be there with our 2nd as well.
[/quote]

Hunter and Woods will definetely be in the 2nd if they doesn't put up a strong combine. Guys like Twill, Hopkins and maybe Patterson are gonna "wow" everyone with their speed at the combine, I already know.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DaCityKats' timestamp='1357135101' post='2072911']
i would take either, and even at 14. even Allen, whats crazy is all 3 (Allen, Hopkins, and Patterson) are local guys from the carolinas.
[/quote]

If Hankins and Richardson are gone before 14, my first choice is Keenan. Can't go wrong taking Keenan especially at a needy position.

Posted · Report post

At no.14 if there's no Hankins or Sheldon, you gotta go with Keenan Allen if he's there.

Posted · Report post

Hankins or Sheldon LOL, when you gonna learn chuckie?

Posted · Report post

Patterson is very green, still. As Erik Ainge said on his radio show, "CP is literally the worst route runner I've ever seen." Still, when he has the ball in his hands, he's unstoppable.
I'm rooting for a solid DT at 14, but I really think CP will be a superstar in the league.

Posted · Report post

Patterson. He has the potential to be elite. I don't see that with Hopkins. I think he'll be good, just not elite.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='RockyTopVol' timestamp='1357162205' post='2073517']
Patterson is very green, still. As Erik Ainge said on his radio show, "CP is literally the worst route runner I've ever seen." Still, when he has the ball in his hands, he's unstoppable.
I'm rooting for a solid DT at 14, but I really think CP will be a superstar in the league.
[/quote]

Intersting analysis from a Vols fan. His route running will definitely be worked on at the next level. I think his potential is worth a top 15 pick for sure, definitely don't see any DTs that warrant a pick.

I would be content with this kid playing tonight, Shariff Floyd in the second round.

Posted · Report post

I'd take Da'Rick Rogers over both of them

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Daddy Uncle' timestamp='1357190983' post='2074288']
I'd take Da'Rick Rogers over both of them
[/quote]

If it wasn't the off field issues, he'll yeah!
I really think that Rogers will be a nasty beast in the league. Whoever isn't afraid (not JR) that take a chance on him will get helluva player.

Posted · Report post

The more I watch of Patterson the more I drool over the prospect of Cam throwing to him on Sundays. He may be overtaking Sheldon Richardson as my favorite prospect for us. Just an absolutely sick athlete with an elite skillset. You watch him play and he just 'looks' like an NFL player, if that makes any sense. I'm sure most of you know what I'm on about.

Posted · Report post

It's insane how talented that Tennessee WR group was and could have been if Da'Rick Rogers wouldn't have been an idiot. Love Patterson, and Rogers had a decent showing at Tennessee Tech. I'd love a combo of either 1st- Chance Warmack 2nd- Da'Rick Rogers or 1st- Cordarrelle Patterson 2nd- Sharrif Floyd. Justin Hunter is just too much of a risk with that ACL for me to realistically want him.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Second City Panther' timestamp='1357281075' post='2076129']
The more I watch of Patterson the more I drool over the prospect of Cam throwing to him on Sundays. He may be overtaking Sheldon Richardson as my favorite prospect for us. Just an absolutely sick athlete with an elite skillset. You watch him play and he just 'looks' like an NFL player, if that makes any sense. I'm sure most of you know what I'm on about.
[/quote]

Im not sure I remb a player as nasty with the ball in his hands as Patterson.