#16 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Hankins or Sheldon LOL, when you gonna learn chuckie?

#17 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Patterson is very green, still. As Erik Ainge said on his radio show, "CP is literally the worst route runner I've ever seen." Still, when he has the ball in his hands, he's unstoppable.
I'm rooting for a solid DT at 14, but I really think CP will be a superstar in the league.

#18 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Patterson. He has the potential to be elite. I don't see that with Hopkins. I think he'll be good, just not elite.

#19 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Patterson is very green, still. As Erik Ainge said on his radio show, "CP is literally the worst route runner I've ever seen." Still, when he has the ball in his hands, he's unstoppable.
I'm rooting for a solid DT at 14, but I really think CP will be a superstar in the league.

Intersting analysis from a Vols fan. His route running will definitely be worked on at the next level. I think his potential is worth a top 15 pick for sure, definitely don't see any DTs that warrant a pick.

I would be content with this kid playing tonight, Shariff Floyd in the second round.

#20 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

I'd take Da'Rick Rogers over both of them

#21 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,152 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

I'd take Da'Rick Rogers over both of them

If it wasn't the off field issues, he'll yeah!
I really think that Rogers will be a nasty beast in the league. Whoever isn't afraid (not JR) that take a chance on him will get helluva player.

#22 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

The more I watch of Patterson the more I drool over the prospect of Cam throwing to him on Sundays. He may be overtaking Sheldon Richardson as my favorite prospect for us. Just an absolutely sick athlete with an elite skillset. You watch him play and he just 'looks' like an NFL player, if that makes any sense. I'm sure most of you know what I'm on about.

#23 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

It's insane how talented that Tennessee WR group was and could have been if Da'Rick Rogers wouldn't have been an idiot. Love Patterson, and Rogers had a decent showing at Tennessee Tech. I'd love a combo of either 1st- Chance Warmack 2nd- Da'Rick Rogers or 1st- Cordarrelle Patterson 2nd- Sharrif Floyd. Justin Hunter is just too much of a risk with that ACL for me to realistically want him.

#24 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

The more I watch of Patterson the more I drool over the prospect of Cam throwing to him on Sundays. He may be overtaking Sheldon Richardson as my favorite prospect for us. Just an absolutely sick athlete with an elite skillset. You watch him play and he just 'looks' like an NFL player, if that makes any sense. I'm sure most of you know what I'm on about.

Im not sure I remb a player as nasty with the ball in his hands as Patterson.

#25 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

Indeed. He's got the "wiggle" as they say. That's a good way to spot a good player.

I was watching a video earlier tonight and the thing that stuck out the most is his vision with the ball in his hands. He was making cuts before the defender he was juking even knew what had happened. It's like he can anticipate their angle before they even attempt a tackle.

Take a look:

#26 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,609 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

and how many 6'3 205 pound guys can move like that?

#27 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

if vols had charlie strong with those guys they would have been national champs lol.

#28 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Good thread

I think this draft may at first seem like it doesn't have a strong 1st round wideout class but that really may not be the case. Yeah, there's no obvious superstar a la Calvin or AJ Green which are hard to come by anyways, but there is a ton of NFL ready talent imo with the first 8 or so WR prospects. I'd even include Cobi Hamilton, Jake Matthews, and Quinton Patton on a 2nd round watch list.

Patterson's ceiling is ridiculous imo. Once he gets the ball, he's gonna wreck sh*t up. All he needs to do is sure up some fundamentals and he could be damn good. I defintiely see him being a 1st rounder.

Hopkins' bowl performance no doubt will push him up draft boards and it's hard not to imagine once the combine and workouts roll around anything that would prevent him from rising.

Include Austin, Allen, & T. Williams and all of those prospects can easily go in the first. Add the fact in that our new GM may want to do something interesting with his first ever draft pick and I think Patterson & Hopkins actually could make as much sense at 14 as Allen (who is the most well rounded wideout imo). Call me crazy

Just remember how wild things can get on draft day and how many rankings and projections can be off of what teams actually do

#29 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,232 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Patterson is ridiculous, but i see a lot of mocks saying 2nd rounder. Would he really be worth 14 overall??

#30 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Patterson is ridiculous, but i see a lot of mocks saying 2nd rounder. Would he really be worth 14 overall??

It's January 4th..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com