#31 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

I rather have Panthro make threads than Pantherstrain(whatever the numbers are)... Just saying.

#32 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,958 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

It gives me hope that he can admit that he needs help. He hired a consultant, that's the right direction to take when you find that you dont have enough info to go on.

He's made efforts to make the team better but its never good enough for the fans. People say he's like Boss Hogg? really? how? cause he's chubby and has a southern accent?

I'll bet a thousand dollars Panthro is more similar to Boss Hogg than JR is.

Only

Yeah I guess my expectations are too high given that we have only 4 winning seasons since 1995.

Please accept my apologies. I'll work on lowering my expectations.

I am only like Boss Hog in that I think its ok to wear white after labor day

#33 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,958 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

I rather have Panthro make threads than Pantherstrain(whatever the numbers are)... Just saying.

i'm that good at threads.

#34 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

People are getting upset at Panthro b/c deep down the entire fanbase is starting to fear that his opinion is correct.

What if Hurney knew those last few contracts were garbage?
What if ALL of the idiot decisions come straight back to JR ?

It means its all for naught, if they all do come back to JR we are fuged, Cam Keek all of the young talent we THINK we might have will be wasted on poo decisions. It's a fear all of us should have had in some form and if you haven't you either are in a medication worthy level of denial or you just aren't fuging paying attention.

Someone said this on twitter today and it hurts how much it is true, "If JR worked as hard on the Panthers as he did lining his pockets with the lockout this team would have a couple Championships by now"

#35 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

I asked if you were confident in his ability ....which has nothing to do with whatever weird chicken soup for the soul BS you just typed.

Fan confidence is irrelevant because confidence is only pertinent to things you have control over or are involved in. I figured that was obvious.

Fan confidence was at an all time high this season and had no bearing on how the team started the season. The it was at an all time low when they won 5 of their last 6. Whether people with no knowledge of a situation agree with how things are done simply does not matter.

FWIW....firing Hurney is best decision this team had made in a long time and does give me "confidence" in the team.

#36 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,958 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Fan confidence is irrelevant because confidence is only pertinent to things you have control over or are involved in. I figured that was obvious.

Fan confidence was at an all time high this season and had no bearing on how the team started the season. The it was at an all time low when they won 5 of their last 6. Whether people with no knowledge of a situation agree with how things are done simply does not matter.

FWIW....firing Hurney is best decision this team had made in a long time and does give me "confidence" in the team.

I am not confident in JR making the right decision as he has failed to make many of them over the last 18 years.

I fear this team is only spinning its tires until JR steps back from making decisions that impact the results on the field.

I am not confident in his abilities to build a winning franchise as he has given me no reason to think he can up until now. He is a complete failure in that regard. This in no way reflects upon him as a person or a businessman which he excels at.

#37 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Panthro's words were that Jr is in control and that that makes him nervous.

to which I respond: JR's track record has only ever proven that he's trying to win and he's trying to put together a better team. He treats people like gold and therefor karma will treat him well. Eh he got a new heart, not too bad, Eh he's got a billion dollar business. . . not too bad either.

He hasnt won a superbowl yet so its easy to say Richardson has failed. I say youre out of your minds, Richardson has succeeded and is continuing to succeed. The Panthers are the 17th? most valuable sports organization in the world.

LoL what have you assholes succeeded at? wining the superbowl requires so many variables to line up for you that the odds are very slim. Luck is a factor, and a kick like Kasay's can put you in the promise land FOREVER or in the "Panthro think JR sucks" group.

edit: and Im shocked to hear a conifdent dude like the Kurb say otherwise, listening to Panthro too much methinks

#38 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,958 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

People are getting upset at Panthro b/c deep down the entire fanbase is starting to fear that his opinion is correct.

Now to get you on board with a couple other of my opinions :)

#39 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Posted Image

<3

#40 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Posted Image

<3

Why am I not surprised that thats also one of Panthro opinions

#41 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

we might agree on something afterall

#42 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,958 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Panthro's words were that Jr is in control and that that makes him nervous.

to which I respond: JR's track record has only ever proven that he's trying to win and he's trying to put together a better team. He treats people like gold and therefor karma will treat him well. Eh he got a new heart, not too bad, Eh he's got a billion dollar business. . . not too bad either.

He hasnt won a superbowl yet so its easy to say Richardson has failed. I say youre out of your minds, Richardson has succeeded and is continuing to succeed. The Panthers are the 17th? most valuable sports organization in the world.

LoL what have you assholes succeeded at? wining the superbowl requires so many variables to line up for you that the odds are very slim. Luck is a factor, and a kick like Kasay's can put you in the promise land FOREVER or in the "Panthro think JR sucks" group.

I never said he failed because he didn't win a Superbowl. Reread my post and you;'ll get your answers...slowly though I don't want you to miss anything.

If you come back with this same nonsense then I'll ask you how being a valuable franchise has related to success on the field....

I'm glad you couldn't care less about winning. You seem to be in good company with the owner...no wonder you defend him so

#43 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

What if Hurney knew those last few contracts were garbage?
What if ALL of the idiot decisions come straight back to JR ?

It means its all for naught, if they all do come back to JR we are fuged, Cam Keek all of the young talent we THINK we might have will be wasted on poo decisions. It's a fear all of us should have had in some form and if you haven't you either are in a medication worthy level of denial or you just aren't fuging paying attention.

Someone said this on twitter today and it hurts how much it is true, "If JR worked as hard on the Panthers as he did lining his pockets with the lockout this team would have a couple Championships by now"

I'm not, at least not yet.

To be clear, there's no actual evidence that any of that stuff you listed is true. It's just people's opinions. Could it be true? Sure, but until there's something that confirms it, it's just opinion and theory.

As to the future, said elsewhere the Panthers did two things over the past year that none of us on here would have predicted. They dumped Marty Hurney, whom pretty much everyone here thought had a lifetime contract, and they hired an outside consultant, something very few thought Richardson would do.

Like I said, if Richardson screws up the GM choice, then I'll worry. But for right now at least, I see way more evidence that things are not SSDD than I do that they are.

#44 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

I'm not, at least not yet.

To be clear, there's no actual evidence that any of that stuff you listed is true. It's just people's opinions. Could it be true? Sure, but until there's something that confirms it, it's just opinion and theory.

Just like the concept that he is "ALL ABOUT DEM SUPABOWLZ" is just opinion.

As to the future, said elsewhere the Panthers did two things over the past year that none of us on here would have predicted. They dumped Marty Hurney, whom pretty much everyone here thought had a lifetime contract, and they hired an outside consultant, something very few thought Richardson would do.

Hurney should have been fired with Fox. Could one not say the JR holding on to a GM that had wasted a bucket of draft picks, never really been able to develop key positions (WR/DT/QB) and generally acted as a bullet catcher for the Owner is just yet another example of an Owner that doesn't really get it ?

Like I said, if Richardson screws up the GM choice, then I'll worry. But for right now at least, I see way more evidence that things are not SSDD than I do that they are.

I see a no name GM and either Rivera Kept, or some scrub Coordinator like Perry Fewell hired.
My outlook on this front office has never been lower.

#45 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

I never said he failed because he didn't win a Superbowl. Reread my post and you;'ll get your answers...slowly though I don't want you to miss anything.

If you come back with this same nonsense then I'll ask you how being a valuable franchise has related to success on the field....

I'm glad you couldn't care less about winning. You seem to be in good company with the owner...no wonder you defend him so

Your tone has been hostile and combative, starting with your sarcastic apology that I in no way prompted. Now you say Im talking nonsense. . lols PANTHRO is telling someone else that theyre talking nonsense, haha mmmk

I didnt say you said not winning a superbowl was failure, I used that as my own criteria. Youre getting so defensive that your not even understanding the points that are being made.

Im not going to reread anything youve written, once is enough for my lost brain cells, thanks. Your point was simple as your mind made it. You can only do so much with what you've been given. You dont trust JR because he hasnt had enough winning seasons. Cryptic maybe but not complicated. Of course, ideas that are irrational are often cryptic.

Let me explain this like I would a child then. . . . Ask yourself if Richardson's intensions are good or bad? If you determine that they are good then that is alllllll you can hope for. You complain but offer no solutions, lols youre just another part of the problem in my book if thats the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com