Photo
- - - - -

Kobe Bryant doesn't get it

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#13 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

Blazing Trails Thru the NFC South

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Friday night haters, should be great fun.
Los Angeles Lakers at Los Angeles Clippers.
Promises to be one chippy contest, Clippers want to take LA over, Lakers think otherwise.
Tune in.

#14 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

What I really like about this thread is the Lakers are currently 1 game out of the Playoffs........
And there are 51 games remaining in the Regular Season.

What I like about this thread is that the Lakers are 1 game out of the playoffs, and sub-.500, with possibly the best team ever assembled.

And Laker fans are trying to say that is a good thing.

#15 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

Blazing Trails Thru the NFC South

HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

What I like about this thread is that the Lakers are 1 game out of the playoffs, and sub-.500, with possibly the best team ever assembled.

I guess I'm glad you think this team has so much potential, and with Nash it's what. 5 games in?

#16 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

Wait....are we discussing Tiger Woods?

Maybe. ;)

You know, Tiger is weird... He seems like he has a pretty good group of friends... He might be alright if you're friendly with him... He's just an asshole to everybody esle.

#17 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

I guess I'm glad you think this team has so much potential, and with Nash it's what. 5 games in?

This exactly, Even the assists stats the OP was so quick to throw out to bash Kobe are ridiculously skewed because Nash has missed most of the season so far. Oh and I'm sorry but by your tally Shaq has three rings and Kobe has two?? No, I'm pretty sure Kobe won five championships as one of the focal points of the Los Angeles Lakers. Keep trying to spin it as he did nothing during the Lakers championship runs in 00-02 though....

#18 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

By my tally Shaq has 3, Wade has 1, Lebron has 1, Duncan has 4, and Kobe has 2.

I would say your tally is incorrect!!!

#19 ZB1224

ZB1224

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Yeah man this Lakers team is the fugging GOAT team ever assembled!

PG: Steve Nash (7 games started out of 31)
SG: Kobe Bryant (30.3 ppg on 48/37/84 shooting, 5.4 rpg, 4.7 apg, 1.4 apg)
SF: Metta World Peace
PF: Pau Gasol (injured all year and can hardly move -- being serious)
C: Dwight Howard (still recovering from major back surgery and is nothing more than a Tyson Chandler on offense and a Brendon Haywood on defense -- solid, but nothing special)

and then a terrible bench.

This Lakers team would be AMAZING if everyone was healthy, but unfortunately only 2/5 starters have been healthy and effective. BUT HEY LETS ALL BASH KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol haters gonna hate

#20 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

5 rings for Kobe? I thought the Lakers fans already added another one after they traded for Dwight.

But good luck building around Dwight Howard 2.0, the one with chronic back problems

#21 ZB1224

ZB1224

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

5 rings for Kobe? I thought the Lakers fans already added another one after they traded for Dwight.

But good luck building around Dwight Howard 2.0, the one with chronic back problems

Well to be fair I think everyone thought that we were getting the best center in the NBA. Instead of a guy with zero post moves, stone hands, slightly above average athleticism, and poor defense (other than shot-blocking). Obviously he isn't fully healthy and his defense should improve, his athleticism should get back to where it was in Orlando, but getting healthy won't give him good post moves... the guy is lost in the post and gets stripped half the time. He'll definitely improve though, because he's obviously not all that close to being 100%.

#22 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Dwight Howard is the best center in the NBA. But when he only gets 10 shots a game it is hard to tell.

BTW I am not sure how me saying that Kobe is a top 20 at worst player of all-time is bashing Kobe. All i am saying is that he would be better and his team would be a lot better if he averaged closer to 22 points a game instead of shooting 30+ times a night to get his 25-30 points.

The reason the Lakers were so successful with Shaq is because he was a dominate center getting @18 shots a game.

This Lakers team should be the best in the NBA. But they won't until the offense starts running through their low post players and Steve Nash in the pick and roll.

As long as the offense consists on Kobe Bryant dribbling around hunting his own shot they are going to struggle or at the very least play well below their talent.

But hey, maybe you guys can keep firing coaches and trying to blame them.

#23 JPPT1974

JPPT1974

St Patty's Day!

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Great NBA player even without the now retiring Shaq but really needs to at times, hush up and let his playing do the talking!

#24 ZB1224

ZB1224

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Dwight Howard is the best center in the NBA. But when he only gets 10 shots a game it is hard to tell.

BTW I am not sure how me saying that Kobe is a top 20 at worst player of all-time is bashing Kobe. All i am saying is that he would be better and his team would be a lot better if he averaged closer to 22 points a game instead of shooting 30+ times a night to get his 25-30 points.

The reason the Lakers were so successful with Shaq is because he was a dominate center getting @18 shots a game.

This Lakers team should be the best in the NBA. But they won't until the offense starts running through their low post players and Steve Nash in the pick and roll.

As long as the offense consists on Kobe Bryant dribbling around hunting his own shot they are going to struggle or at the very least play well below their talent.

But hey, maybe you guys can keep firing coaches and trying to blame them.

Serious question... have you watched a Lakers game this year? If so, have you watched more than 1 or 2?

First you say that Steve Nash has played all season, then you said that Kobe is taking 30+ shots every night to get 25-30 points, as well as some other totally false stuff. It's hard to take you seriously if you can't at least act like you don't absolutely despise Kobe.