Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dpantherman

Rumor killer on Chip Kelly wanting 'total control'

56 posts in this topic

Chip Kelly will not be here, if we do part ways with RR. Too much interest from other teams, JR won't get into a bidding war for a big name, same thing with FA players. It's like he finds it demeaning, so we always end up digging through the scrap pile looking for a diamond in the rough.

Chip Kelly will not be here, if we do part ways with RR. Too much interest from other teams, JR won't get into a bidding war for a big name, same thing with FA players. It's like he finds it demeaning, so we always end up digging through the scrap pile looking for a diamond in the rough.

Yea, that's why Fox's Staff was one of the highest paid staff's in the NFL during his tenure here.... Right????

Yea, that's why Fox's Staff was one of the highest paid staff's in the NFL during his tenure here.... Right????

That has nothing to do with what I posted.

Only an idiot would give him complete control. He's never even won a national championship in college yet people are acting like he's going to be a franchise savior.

Haslam is a first time owner.

He's had a stake in the Steelers for a while, but this will be the first time he's been in the driver's seat.

Yes it does.

Your statement was that JR is too cheap to pay big dollars for a coach. He just proved that you were completely and categorically wrong.

Yes it does.

Your statement was that JR is too cheap to pay big dollars for a coach. He just proved that you were completely and categorically wrong.

NO it dosen't, nowhere did I say he was cheap.

Yea actually it does, your post hints at JR being cheap. Which isn't the case always, I mean Fox wasn't found in the salvage pile when he was hired. JR then paid the man's staff a ton of money to keep them around for as long as they were here.

Also the team's made quite a few splashes in FA or via trade, they just didn't work out too well for the team. You act like JR is against spending money on his Front Office and coaching staff's as well as players in FA. That's not the case and is quite wrong. So yes it does reflect back on the point you were trying to make.

If you want to know what hinted at JR being cheap it was this >

JR won't get into a bidding war for a big name, same thing with FA players. It's like he finds it demeaning, so we always end up digging through the scrap pile looking for a diamond in the rough.

Don't think JR will get into a bidding war for Kelly:

http://oregon.247spo...n-Philly-109307

just like we weren't going to with harbaugh.

i know he's not "cheap" but i also don't like the fact that he just won't jump in.

JR is a myopic individual with eyes only for his club...the NFL. doesn't matter that harbaugh or kelly could take the team to the top...he's not part of that group so he doesn't get considered.

There are several reports from NFL officials that still link Kelly with Carolina and that Rivera will be gone by the end of the weekend. Take the rumors for what you will, but the Panther's can't interview anyone right now for a HC spot that isn't currently open.

Anything that thinks JR is 'cheap' should take a look at the payroll.