56 replies to this topic

#31 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Only an idiot would give him complete control. He's never even won a national championship in college yet people are acting like he's going to be a franchise savior.

#32 pantherpain

pantherpain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Chip Kelly will not be here, if we do part ways with RR. Too much interest from other teams, JR won't get into a bidding war for a big name, same thing with FA players. It's like he finds it demeaning, so we always end up digging through the scrap pile looking for a diamond in the rough.

#33 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Chip Kelly will not be here, if we do part ways with RR. Too much interest from other teams, JR won't get into a bidding war for a big name, same thing with FA players. It's like he finds it demeaning, so we always end up digging through the scrap pile looking for a diamond in the rough.

Yea, that's why Fox's Staff was one of the highest paid staff's in the NFL during his tenure here.... Right????

#34 pantherpain

pantherpain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Yea, that's why Fox's Staff was one of the highest paid staff's in the NFL during his tenure here.... Right????

That has nothing to do with what I posted.

#35 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Only an idiot would give him complete control. He's never even won a national championship in college yet people are acting like he's going to be a franchise savior.

Haslam is a first time owner.

He's had a stake in the Steelers for a while, but this will be the first time he's been in the driver's seat.

#36 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Yes it does.

Your statement was that JR is too cheap to pay big dollars for a coach. He just proved that you were completely and categorically wrong.

#37 pantherpain

pantherpain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Yes it does.

Your statement was that JR is too cheap to pay big dollars for a coach. He just proved that you were completely and categorically wrong.

NO it dosen't, nowhere did I say he was cheap.

#38 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Yea actually it does, your post hints at JR being cheap. Which isn't the case always, I mean Fox wasn't found in the salvage pile when he was hired. JR then paid the man's staff a ton of money to keep them around for as long as they were here.

Also the team's made quite a few splashes in FA or via trade, they just didn't work out too well for the team. You act like JR is against spending money on his Front Office and coaching staff's as well as players in FA. That's not the case and is quite wrong. So yes it does reflect back on the point you were trying to make.

If you want to know what hinted at JR being cheap it was this >

JR won't get into a bidding war for a big name, same thing with FA players. It's like he finds it demeaning, so we always end up digging through the scrap pile looking for a diamond in the rough.

#39 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Don't think JR will get into a bidding war for Kelly:

http://oregon.247spo...n-Philly-109307

just like we weren't going to with harbaugh.

i know he's not "cheap" but i also don't like the fact that he just won't jump in.

JR is a myopic individual with eyes only for his club...the NFL. doesn't matter that harbaugh or kelly could take the team to the top...he's not part of that group so he doesn't get considered.

#40 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

There are several reports from NFL officials that still link Kelly with Carolina and that Rivera will be gone by the end of the weekend. Take the rumors for what you will, but the Panther's can't interview anyone right now for a HC spot that isn't currently open.

#41 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Anything that thinks JR is 'cheap' should take a look at the payroll.

#42 pantherpain

pantherpain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Yea actually it does, your post hints at JR being cheap. Which isn't the case always, I mean Fox wasn't found in the salvage pile when he was hired. JR then paid the man's staff a ton of money to keep them around for as long as they were here.

Also the team's made quite a few splashes in FA or via trade, they just didn't work out too well for the team. You act like JR is against spending money on his Front Office and coaching staff's as well as players in FA. That's not the case and is quite wrong. So yes it does reflect back on the point you were trying to make.

If you want to know what hinted at JR being cheap it was this >

My point was that JR is stubborn and seems like he wants to prove he can make it work with player's/coaches that other teams have no interest in or are done with because of age...and then he pays them like pro bowlers that are in their prime.

#43 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

My point was that JR is stubborn and seems like he wants to prove he can make it work with player's/coaches that other teams have no interest in or are done with because of age...and then he pays them like pro bowlers that are in their prime.

OK, Now he is definitely stubborn as hell. However his last two coaching choices weren't exactly bottom of the barrel guys. Fox was a pretty hot coaching candidate when he was hired here, less so on Rivera. If he feels like someone is his guy, he'll get into a bidding war for them for sure. It's just does the new GM feel the same way about Kelly and is Kelly even a target. With the amount of rumors I'd say he's a target if JR decides to let Rivera go. Not sure on that last part though.

#44 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

There are several reports from NFL officials that still link Kelly with Carolina and that Rivera will be gone by the end of the weekend. Take the rumors for what you will, but the Panther's can't interview anyone right now for a HC spot that isn't currently open.

Links to these reports?

#45 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Links to these reports?

It's kinda hard to link reports from specific NFL people since they don't usually give the name when mentioning stuff like that. However there a few articles from places using those said sources. There's other articles as well, but this one gives the gist of pretty much what they all say. Kelly is still linked with the Panther's. Just does Kelly get a job before Carolina makes a decision on Rivera....

http://www.ibtimes.c...a-eagles-988498

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com