• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#46 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

I would feel that the new GM is the dumbest *** on the planet and that my one hit of acid in college had made one seriously wicked flashback placing me back in the middle of a world where dogs talk, my face is dripping and I can fart, "Yankee Doodle Doo" out of my ass on que.

well this was either a massive exaggeration or a complete lie.

#47 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

I would ask him why the hell did he take the job.

#48 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,354 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

He'd have to have a hellaciously good replacement plan for that to be workable.

Short of having the #1 pick in a draft with a can't miss QB prospect, it's pretty hard to imagine. And even then you're taking a huge gamble.

Neither of those conditions applies to this year's draft, of course.

This

#49 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

This is almost as plausible as the new GM wanting to convert the Panthers to a female lacrosse team in the world lingerie league....which I would fully support.

#50 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

This is almost as plausible as the new GM wanting to convert the Panthers to a female lacrosse team in the world lingerie league....which I would fully support.

You act like JR knows what lacrosse is. To him, its a new type of biscuit that could branded at Bojangles from Lafayette.

#51 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,356 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

I'd think "Why in the living hell did JR hire TRD/Grits/PFFL/HighlandFire as his GM? What a dumbass move!"

#52 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,356 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

Also, Clowney won't be in the same draft class as Bridgewater. Not to mention, why the fug do we need Clowney? DL is no longer a top priority for this team.

ANY competent GM in the NFL, whether he "needed" Clowney or not, would pick Clowney if he was there when his team turn to draft was up.

Any GM who *wouldn't* would deserve to be fired forthwith. Clowney will be an immediate difference-maker in the NFL for any team that chooses him, whether you "need" him or not.

#53 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,116 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

I believe the next GM hired will be someone that buys into Cam. If not he won't be our GM. On a different note I also believe that the next GM is going to have to buy into RR. If JR was looking to go a different route RR would've been fired yesterday. I believe RR will be given 1 more year to make vast improvement or he is gone.

Remember there is the media's perception of Cam and what those who know him see.

#54 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,015 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

What if the new GM had a way to teleport early '90s John Elway to compete for the starting job?

#55 Cover2Safety33

Cover2Safety33

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

ANY competent GM in the NFL, whether he "needed" Clowney or not, would pick Clowney if he was there when his team turn to draft was up.

Any GM who *wouldn't* would deserve to be fired forthwith. Clowney will be an immediate difference-maker in the NFL for any team that chooses him, whether you "need" him or not.

I agree with this sentiment for our team if there is no safety or OL available that would be an immediate upgrade. I do not believe that the Panthers are a team that can make these luxury picks because we still have a few positions that are very weak and need to be improved upon.

The middle picks round one are usually where teams draft need because they are too good to pick based solely on talent but aren't good enough to have no immediate need for improvement. Clowney will be a beast in the NFL, but I do not think that our team needs him over a stud safety or OL.

#56 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

i say we trade our first rounder for another 2nd and maybe a 4th

#57 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,356 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

I agree with this sentiment for our team if there is no safety or OL available that would be an immediate upgrade. I do not believe that the Panthers are a team that can make these luxury picks because we still have a few positions that are very weak and need to be improved upon.

The middle picks round one are usually where teams draft need because they are too good to pick based solely on talent but aren't good enough to have no immediate need for improvement. Clowney will be a beast in the NFL, but I do not think that our team needs him over a stud safety or OL.

Good god.

It doesn't matter who is there at safety or OL when Clowney is in the draft. Unless he's suffered injuries such that his current style of play and ability no longer exists, YOU PICK HIM IF HE'S SITTING THERE AT YOUR CHOICE.

If you're telling me that you'd pick a Mark Barron over a Jadaveon Clowney (hypothetically since we know Barron is in the NFL already) if both were available because you feel the team "needs" a safety more, I just don't know how to respond to that. I really don't.

#58 Cover2Safety33

Cover2Safety33

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

So pick Clowney. But I promise that when the Panthers lose games because the safety makes a mistake you will be bitching and moaning that we don't have a safety. We have Johnson and Hardy. Alexander will develop. We NEED a pass defense. It doesn't matter anyway, we will be picking 14th and Clowney will be gone by then.

#59 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,356 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

So pick Clowney. But I promise that when the Panthers lose games because the safety makes a mistake you will be bitching and moaning that we don't have a safety. We have Johnson and Hardy. Alexander will develop. We NEED a pass defense. It doesn't matter anyway, we will be picking 14th and Clowney will be gone by then.

CJ and Kraken are amazing DE's.

Clowney (and this is just my opinion) is already better than both. Clowney will step in and be dominant in the pass rush *and* against the rush. This is the kind of impact that makes safeties better no matter who you put at the position.

But you keep drafting for need, mmK? Your subsequent Cleveland Brown results will get your butt fired forthwith.

#60 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,092 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

how would you guys react? positive of negative

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.