Photo
- - - - -

This defense has a chance to be special with a safety.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I know I'm in the minority here, but what we saw out of DJ Campbell at SS and Godfrey at FS should be encouraging. If a great FS happens to be the BPA at our pick, then fine, but at least in the 1st round, there is usually better value at other positions.

Our biggest need is RG, but as others have said, you can usually pick one up in FA at a reasonable cost.

Should a very good LT prospect be there at 14, they should get very strong consideration due to the importance of that position.

WR should be a priority as well. And not just any #1. We need a big WR that knows how to use their body to wall off defenders in the red zone. That is something our offense is missing.

To me, it's BPA between LT, WR and maybe NT. If nothing worthwhile is there, a guy like Warmack might fit.

#32 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

I know I'm in the minority here, but what we saw out of DJ Campbell at SS and Godfrey at FS should be encouraging. If a great FS happens to be the BPA at our pick, then fine, but at least in the 1st round, there is usually better value at other positions.

Our biggest need is RG, but as others have said, you can usually pick one up in FA at a reasonable cost.

Should a very good LT prospect be there at 14, they should get very strong consideration due to the importance of that position.

WR should be a priority as well. And not just any #1. We need a big WR that knows how to use their body to wall off defenders in the red zone. That is something our offense is missing.

To me, it's BPA between LT, WR and maybe NT. If nothing worthwhile is there, a guy like Warmack might fit.

I agree with the D.J. Campbell assessment, he was a pleasant surprise and I think he deserves a shot, just bring in some free agent competition for him.

#33 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Johnathan Hankins in the 1st please.

#34 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,831 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Johnathan Hankins in the 1st please.

ew

#35 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

I think Ron and Dwan last us another year. I'm 100% on the best FS available at the 14th pick bandwagon.

Nobody worth it homie...Now in the second there are a few worth taking, Jefferson and Rambo. Vacarro and Reid probably go 1st. Elam early 2nd. I almost feel the same thing about WR, DT will have a significant drop off in this class however. Not saying we should pick one, I honestly think that a big body who occupies blocks is sufficent at DT. Suh and Fairley don't have the Lions dominating defensively.

#36 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Nobody worth it homie...Now in the second there are a few worth taking, Jefferson and Rambo. Vacarro and Reid probably go 1st. Elam early 2nd. I almost feel the same thing about WR, DT will have a significant drop off in this class however. Not saying we should pick one, I honestly think that a big body who occupies blocks is sufficent at DT. Suh and Fairley don't have the Lions dominating defensively.

I think Eric Reid is a solid choice at 14. Much safer than a D-Lineman that could be great or a bust, but either way probably not ready to plug and play.

#37 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

Eric Reid disgusts me.

Hopkins torched his ass all day even when Reid was playing to that side.

I'm not a fan of any of the safety's in this class except Tony Jefferson and even him I'm a little skeptical about.

Personally I'd just grab a safety in free agency that is a proven player in this league.

Dream Player: Jarius Byrd
Realistic Choice: Louis Delmas

#38 SparkyDevil

SparkyDevil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

I thought Campbell and Godfrey played well and I still think Nakamura or Martin can be a great 4th safety, but we absolutely need one more starting caliber safety. Whether we get them in free agency (scrap heap?) or via the draft - it absolutely needs to happen. Also need another starting CB. There are a few serviceable free agent DBs available in free agency, lets hope the new GM can free up some $$$.

#39 section543

section543

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

The draft so far looks average or below- of course, the hype hasn't started yet. As usual, I hope we can trade down from 14 to add picks unless someone amazing drops that low. I just don't see that happening this year.

#40 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

Holy mother of God...so many draft newbs in here, I can't even choose which one to correct...

#41 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

If we could trade down, pick up S Kenny Vacarro from Texas and an extra pick (ideally a 3rd but more likely a 4th), then target a DT like Kawann Short, Sharrif Floyd, or Sylvester Williams in the 2nd round, I'd be pretty happy with the draft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.