Photo
- - - - -

Everything is a Remix; A video series I like

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,293 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Part 1- Music, Led Zep, Rap
Part 2- Movies, sequels, adaptations, Star Wars
Part 3- Inventions, Apple
Part 4- Patent Laws

I was aware of some of the things mentioned in here as well as the overall idea, but the presentation and research behind it is great and it's a topic worth discussing.

#2 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,273 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Definitely an awesome series. Has always been an interest of mine and sort of a spot of contention when you talk about copyright law and infringement when it comes to the RIAA and such.

How are you going to file suit against people not paying for your unoriginal, recycled work?

We had many discussions about it in my film classes often concluding with how to apply the Fair Use Act for educational purposes, lol.

#3 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,985 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

it's not widely known enough that led zeppelin's first two albums were pretty much just a bunch of million decibel blues covers that they pretended to have written. rock and roll is full of blues plagiarism.

i mean there's a reason why if you look at the writing credits on the original vinyls and compare that to the cd reissues there's a laundry list of names behind every other song.

it's true that in a western music context there are a limited number of chord changes/riffs/leads/whatever that are going to be ear pleasing. the minor pentatonic scale does only have five notes. but there's a difference between that and making bank off songwriting royalties for a reinterpretation of a blues standard done without permission.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com