Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much long are we going to delay finding our #1 WR

88 posts in this topic

Posted

Should be done this year in the second round. I'm incredibly high on Da'Rick Rogers and his "questionable history" will make him fall to the second. He is the most complete receiver in the draft. I think of Steve Smith +6 inches when I see him play, guy is unreal and would be our next #1 receiver.

Posted

I heard people like Merrill saying Amari is better than when AJ Green was in college of the same time of their career.

He's a freak for sure, I look forward to watching both of them next season....

Posted

Should be done this year in the second round. I'm incredibly high on Da'Rick Rogers and his "questionable history" will make him fall to the second. He is the most complete receiver in the draft. I think of Steve Smith +6 inches when I see him play, guy is unreal and would be our next #1 receiver.

Im incredibly high on him also. I see maybe a Dez Byrant in him. I'd trade up into the 3rd for him if he's still there.

Posted

Putting the specific prospects and FA guys aside, we really do need that added threat. Whether in the first 2 rounds or in the FA or both, our new GM needs to get Cam some deep threat, big play weapons.

Posted

I have railed on this for years. Are the wr scouts from a few years ago still around? Those guys are horrfic.

Posted

You guys do know Amari Cooper won't coming out until 2015 right? He's a true freshman

2 people like this

Posted

You guys do know Amari Cooper won't coming out until 2015 right? He's a true freshman

Doh! Well now Marqise will most certainly be the first WR taken. Thanks for the correction....

Posted

The thought of an 89less Panther O is underwhelming at best. LaFell is an average #2 on the cusp of becoming solid. Gettis is an unknown. Murphy? If he comes back and signs for peanuts (which he might do given his great relationship with Cam), he'll be excellent depth, but not someone you'd want starting. And that's our WR's. KP, AE and Adams will need all-world offseasons to prove to the new GM that they belong.

Posted

The thought of an 89less Panther O is underwhelming at best. LaFell is an average #2 on the cusp of becoming solid. Gettis is an unknown. Murphy? If he comes back and signs for peanuts (which he might do given his great relationship with Cam), he'll be excellent depth, but not someone you'd want starting. And that's our WR's. KP, AE and Adams will need all-world offseasons to prove to the new GM that they belong.

Pilares and AE should be cut if we draft or go out for a WR. I'd keep Adams just bc of the potential he can be as a ST player and probably at the slot.

Posted

I'd rather give Cam a monster Oline. You give the QB enough time and any receiver will get open eventually.

Also the great QBs make their receivers look much better than they are. I think Cam will be one of those guys. We need guys with reliable hands that run good routes and know to keep plays alive more than we need a true number 1.

or your QB eventually will get murdered...

most great QBs tend to have very good targets often elite ones early or huge matchup nightmares.

Posted

I expect smitty is waiting to see if the new GM is going to clean house with the coaches. I believe he will retire rather than start all over again with a new coach and new offense.

Posted

I really hate to speculate draft picks this early, especially when a decision is often made WHEN the pick comes, not before. Trades can happen during the draft, some players fall, etc.

I have always been an advocate of taking the BPA, regardless of position, early in the draft, depending on who hasn't been picked yet. I also don't start digging deep into possible picks and stud players until draft day nears.

However, our cap is in a bad place, so FA is highly unlikely to solve our WR issues, at least for the long term. I think our WR issue MUST be solved in the draft long term, but whether it is this year or not I'm not certain.

I liked what Smitty was able to do this year, as well as Lafell. With Olsen being a true recieving threat, the drastic need for a WR was diminished. I have written off Gettis, and AE is obv not going to be an answer. Pilares is still a "?" so no opinion there. Murphy seemed highly inconsistent.

I am sure there will be some changes going into next season, but the draft does not neccesarily have to be the answer, at least not with the 14th pick. If there is a stud DT, CB, Safety, OL there at our pick, I would not be dissapointed if we pick one of those up.

Trying in the later rounds to find a possible WR is fine by me. All I care about is nailing our 14th pick, and not reaching or giving up too much for a guy. Although, I would totally pull a Atlanta move and give up picks for a Julio Jones type guy if there is such a thing in the draft.