Photo
- - - - -

How much long are we going to delay finding our #1 WR

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
87 replies to this topic

#37 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

or your QB eventually will get murdered...

most great QBs tend to have very good targets often elite ones early or huge matchup nightmares.

So improving the oline is going to make it MORE likely the quarterback is going to get hurt? I don't follow.

Also look what these guys are doing with their receivers:

Brady: Welker + a bunch of scrubs. Won 3 superbowls with Deion Branch as his number 1.

Rodgers: James Jones, Cobb, Nelson - All effective but none would be a true number 1 on other teams.

Brees: Colston could probably be considered a top ten wideout, but just barely. Colston's numbers aren't off the charts either considering how well Brees spreads the ball around. Brees was even this good before Graham and Sproles came to town.

Peyton: Yes he had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, both HOFers. However he always got production out of completely random players (Austin Collie, Stokely, etc) and is getting similar production out of Thomas and Decker although pretty good, would not say they are elite (Maybe Thomas).

Eli: Nicks and Cruz are a great one - two punch, but he has gotten great production out of the bad Steve Smith, Dominique Hixon, Mario MAnningham, Rheuben Randel and Ramses Barden.

Roeth: Wallace, Brown and Sanders. Once again all very good players and only one is elite. Roeth won a SB before Wallace came to town.

I completely agree that we need receivers - good ones too - I just don't think its worth blowing 1/13th of the cap on a top tier talent. Our quarterback isn't a Matt Ryan who is completely reliant on his skill position players outplaying DBs for the ball.

#38 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Yeah how bout havin smitty at slot, incredible

#39 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

After this year a offensive lineman is a must. Defensive lineman would help too. 2nd rounder on Sharriff Floyd would be nice.

#40 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

been saying for years, yes we need to bring in another WR.hopefully this year we will. most teams that bring in a new QB, will also bring in a young WR for him to grow with.

#41 Kakarot

Kakarot

Aggie Pride!

HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Keenan Allen please.

#42 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
Guests

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Pilares and AE should be cut if we draft or go out for a WR. I'd keep Adams just bc of the potential he can be as a ST player and probably at the slot.

If Rivera stays Adams is either gone or traded to someone before the start of next season. Guy fumbled the ball too many times with too few touches.

#43 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Keenan Allen please.

Amen

#44 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

So improving the oline is going to make it MORE likely the quarterback is going to get hurt? I don't follow.

Also look what these guys are doing with their receivers:

Brady: Welker + a bunch of scrubs. Won 3 superbowls with Deion Branch as his number 1.

Rodgers: James Jones, Cobb, Nelson - All effective but none would be a true number 1 on other teams.

Brees: Colston could probably be considered a top ten wideout, but just barely. Colston's numbers aren't off the charts either considering how well Brees spreads the ball around. Brees was even this good before Graham and Sproles came to town.

Peyton: Yes he had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, both HOFers. However he always got production out of completely random players (Austin Collie, Stokely, etc) and is getting similar production out of Thomas and Decker although pretty good, would not say they are elite (Maybe Thomas).

Eli: Nicks and Cruz are a great one - two punch, but he has gotten great production out of the bad Steve Smith, Dominique Hixon, Mario MAnningham, Rheuben Randel and Ramses Barden.

Roeth: Wallace, Brown and Sanders. Once again all very good players and only one is elite. Roeth won a SB before Wallace came to town.

I completely agree that we need receivers - good ones too - I just don't think its worth blowing 1/13th of the cap on a top tier talent. Our quarterback isn't a Matt Ryan who is completely reliant on his skill position players outplaying DBs for the ball.

I was just saying WRs do need to get open. It was implied bad WRs can get open with a good OL. Not always the case. Good OLs block long enough to let plays develop.....the WRs still have to get open.

Welker is a matchup nightmare in the slot in a good scheme. Regardless of QB. Brady was never a stat machine until his weapons improved.

Rodgers has TONS of weapons. You left off the best WR as well. There is a reason why his BACKUP set just about every single game record last year.

Big Ben played like poo and won a Superbowl. D won it.

Yes, Peyton and Brees can play with out studs late in their careers. They are all time great passers. They aren't green QBs. Like you said, Peyton became an all time great throwing to HOFers and had a top end RB while he developed into what is now a one man beast.

Cam needs good WRs that suit his strengths and the offenses.

#45 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

We'd be really smart to take Da'Rick Rogers in the 2nd

#46 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
Guests

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

This coaching staff is lazy and similar to the Andy Reid era in philly. They just ride on the back of their dynamic QB by going to the playoffs all the time guaranteeing them their job but never give their QB enough weapon to be contender. In mcnabb's run to all the those NFC championships one of his top receivers was some guy name pinkston. This coaching staff is going to do the same. Build a strong defense but never a good enough offense to win the superbowl while going to a bunch of meaningless playoff games but never win the big one. I feel bad for Cam.

Hopefully the new GM have a different view in personnel or coach.

On another note, when I watch Cam play he seems to avoid the rush a lot and barely get sack. One of his problem seems to be finding open receivers down field. So I think if we get a big time WR, Cam can buy time to get him the ball. The O line is NOT that bad for a QB with Cam's talent.

#47 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

But but Armanti almost scored that one time

#48 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

This coaching staff is lazy and similar to the Andy Reid era in philly. They just ride on the back of their dynamic QB by going to the playoffs all the time guaranteeing them their job but never give their QB enough weapon to be contender. In mcnabb's run to all the those NFC championships one of his top receivers was some guy name pinkston. This coaching staff is going to do the same. Build a strong defense but never a good enough offense to win the superbowl while going to a bunch of meaningless playoff games but never win the big one. I feel bad for Cam.

Hopefully the new GM have a different view in personnel or coach.

On another note, when I watch Cam play he seems to avoid the rush a lot and barely get sack. One of his problem seems to be finding open receivers down field. So I think if we get a big time WR, Cam can buy time to get him the ball. The O line is NOT that bad for a QB with Cam's talent.

McNabb in his prime was never the offense threat Newton is....even a green Newton.

The OL we finished the year with will get Cam hurt.

The G play we saw out the beginning will keep Cam inconsistent