Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good Article on our Debt and Spending

11 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george-will-our-decadent-democracy/2013/01/02/90dac36c-5477-11e2-bf3e-76c0a789346f_story.html

Both parties flinch from cliff-related tax increases and spending decreases. But neither the increases nor decreases would have tamed the current $1 trillion-plus budget deficit nor made a discernible dent in the 87-times-larger unfunded liabilities of the entitlement state.

The paragraph above stood out to me.

Posted

The Government has us right were it wants us.

A few more decades and it will control most everything.

Posted

DO you believe the gov't controls more now than it did in the 40's and 50's?

Posted

lord, i wish the government was intelligent and pro-active enough to have a master plan... even if it was an evil one.

Posted

lord, i wish the government was intelligent and pro-active enough to have a master plan... even if it was an evil one.

Master Plan = Getting re-elected no matter the cost, literally and figuratively.

Posted

Grow the economy and many of these debt issues will ease.

Get to pulling on those bootstraps.

Posted

Master Plan = Getting re-elected no matter the cost, literally and figuratively.

pretty sure that's the opposite of "master plan."

Posted

Seeing as the deficit is made up mainly of conservative created tax breaks, conservative created bail outs, and a conservative created war, I'm not sure who George Will is trying to call out here.

Posted

Seeing as the deficit is made up mainly of conservative created tax breaks, conservative created bail outs, and a conservative created war, I'm not sure who George Will is trying to call out here.

WHO THE fug CARES?

God damn people...wake up.

Let's for the sake of even trying to be adults quit pointing fingers in any direction other than Washington DC as a whole.

I have been kicking and screaming about the country going broke since well before Obama's first speech.

Thinking that we can continue down this path it truly foolish.

1 person likes this

Posted

WHO CARES WHAT THE POINT OF THE ARTICLE I POSTED IS?!!1!!

Posted

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

UXZW0.gif