62 replies to this topic

#46 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,394 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Anyone know when our Gettleman/Ross interviews are scheduled? While I'd assume them being during the weekend like most others, I haven't heard anything concrete about it.

Been no word that I've seen.

We were the second to ask about Ross, the first on Gettleman. If Keim is on the list, we'd be something like the fourth or fifth.

#47 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Here's something funny. Heckart and Pat Shurmur reunited under Reid in KC. Shurmur is expected to be Andy Reid's choice for OC.

#48 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,394 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Here's something funny. Heckart and Pat Shurmur reunited under Reid in KC. Shurmur is expected to be Andy Reid's choice for OC.

And McNabb his backup QB.

Wonder if he rehires Juan Castillo to coach OL or Brad Childress as QB Coach.

#49 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Anyone know when our Gettleman/Ross interviews are scheduled? While I'd assume them being during the weekend like most others, I haven't heard anything concrete about it.

No Solid information on that front. I'd expect that it would take place after the JR/Rivera meeting and that most of the interviews are scheduled during this weekend.

#50 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

And McNabb his backup QB.

Wonder if he rehires Juan Castillo to coach OL or Brad Childress as QB Coach.

He has hired both of them, in those exact spots.

If Spags is fired in NO, expect him to be the DC. Though Reid might have already picked someone else.

SaveOurChiefs@SaveOurChiefs
Starting 2 see leaks on Andy's Staff. 3 known names so far: Juan Castillo as OL Coach, Shurmur as OC and possibly Childress as QB coach.

#51 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,394 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

He has hired both of them, in those exact spots.

If Spags is fired in NO, expect him to be the DC. Though Reid might have already picked someone else.

SaveOurChiefs@SaveOurChiefs
Starting 2 see leaks on Andy's Staff. 3 known names so far: Juan Castillo as OL Coach, Shurmur as OC and possibly Childress as QB coach.

Dang it. I'd have loved to have a shot at Castillo.

#52 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Another potential assistant coach is gone as well:

Michael Gehlken @UTgehlken
Chargers have another coach vacancy to fill. Rich Bisaccia, special teams, headed to Auburn. Will be assistant HC in charge of STs/RBs.

Would have liked to see him run STs here...

#53 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

LOL @ Castillo.

I wonder how that convo went earlier in the season...

Andy: Juan, it's been a long time brother...

Juan: Yup.

Andy: You know and I know, Philly wants blood and there has to be a sacrifice.

Juan: Oh no, buh, buh...

Andy: It's cool Juan. I got this. Imma let you go IN PHILLY. Then imma leave Philly and re-hire you! Like it never even happened. Consider it a leave of absence, but money in the bank.

Juan:
Posted Image

#54 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,394 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Another potential assistant coach is gone as well:

Michael Gehlken @UTgehlken
Chargers have another coach vacancy to fill. Rich Bisaccia, special teams, headed to Auburn. Will be assistant HC in charge of STs/RBs.

Would have liked to see him run STs here...

My first choice there would still be Toub or April. No word yet on either.

#55 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

My first choice there would still be Toub or April. No word yet on either.

I'd rather have had Bisaccia over April (Eagles ST were pretty horrendous these past couple of years), but agreed on Toub. Have a hard time seeing him leaving Chicago if the new coach wants him. Plus, he's getting HC interview requests...may not want to make a lateral move.

#56 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,394 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

I'd rather have had Bisaccia over April (Eagles ST were pretty horrendous these past couple of years), but agreed on Toub. Have a hard time seeing him leaving Chicago if the new coach wants him. Plus, he's getting HC interview requests...may not want to make a lateral move.

Personal opinion: He'll get interviews but no offers. There are hotter candidates out there.

If Chicago does hire someone who wants his own guy, Toub's got an old buddy here.

#57 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

As crazy as this sounds, instead of the GM picking the coach..maybe Rivera will help decide who the GM is if he is staying. Instead of the GM wanting "their guy", maybe Rivera needs "his guy" and Hurney wasn't working(I have 99 RB's but I don't use one).

#58 Achilles

Achilles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

In my opinion, Fowler got it right today in his blog. Rivera is staying.

This is as clear a sign of what is going on as I've seen. JR is not the kind of guy to just leave a head coach flapping in the wind. Obviously, the GM search is #1 on his list. That tells me that a quick change at HC is not happening. Rivera likely saved his job with excellent game planning and execution and closing out games in the last month of the season. Wins against Atlanta, San Diego, and New Orleans looked good. 3-3 in the division is not bad. Cam is progressing. The defense looks decent.

We could have been 9-7 if we had only pulled out the first Atlanta game and Chicago. We could have been in playoff contention if we had won just one more game. The KC, Seattle, and Dallas games come to mind.

There were a lot of coaching issues in the first 6-7 weeks that were definitely troubling. But we did trend up toward the end of the year and that was the criteria for keeping Rivera. You can look at our opponents and say they were garbage. You can look at the fact that we only really started winning when we had nothing to lose. Those are valid points.

But at the end of the day its just the Ws that matter. We went from 2 to 6 to 7. Trending up!

JR is right to be more worried about the GM based on the upcoming combine, draft, and cap situations. Rivera has one more year. I can live with that. I wouldn't mind them looking at a new OC.

#59 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

If Rivera was going to be fired he would have been fired after the season. Richardson wouldn't wait an entire week to talk to him and then fire him. That makes no sense.

#60 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,661 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

yea Rivera's going to be here coaching this september

I'm alright with that as long as we get a good GM who knows what he's doing and doesn't leave the signing bonus field empty for the player to fill in himself when drawing up a contract extension

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com