Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

So, uh, well......
------

According to the FBI annual crime statistics, the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outnumbers the number of murders committed with a rifle.

This is an interesting fact, particularly amid the Democrats' feverish push to ban many different rifles, ostensibly to keep us safe of course.

However, it appears the zeal of Sens. like Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) is misdirected. For in looking at the FBI numbers from 2005 to 2011, the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.

Think about it: In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618.
And so the list goes, with the actual numbers changing somewhat from year to year, yet the fact that more people are killed with blunt objects each year remains constant.

For example, in 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.

While the FBI makes is clear that some of the "murder by rifle" numbers could be adjusted up slightly, when you take into account murders with non-categorized types of guns, it does not change the fact that their annual reports consistently show more lives are taken each year with these blunt objects than are taken with Feinstein's dreaded rifle.

Another interesting fact: According to the FBI, nearly twice as many people are killed by hands and fists each year than are killed by murderers who use rifles.

Read more: http://nation.foxnew...s#ixzz2GwkLplK7

------

#2 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,590 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

We get it. You don't understand statistics.

#3 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,266 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Just food for thought...

I wonder what the statistics are for shootings as opposed to just deaths. With the advances in medical care are the murder numbers misleading because we are saving more shooting victims?

A WSJ article that I cant read because I dont have a sub was quoted in something else I read:

In Medical Triumph, Homicides Fall Despite Soaring Gun Violence

The number of U.S. homicides has been falling for two decades, but America has become no less violent.

Crime experts who attribute the drop in killings to better policing or an aging population fail to square the image of a more tranquil nation with this statistic: The reported number of people treated for gunshot attacks from 2001 to 2011 has grown by nearly half.

"Did everybody become a lousy shot all of a sudden? No," said Jim Pasco, executive director of the National Fraternal Order of Police, a union that represents about 330,000 officers.

"The potential for a victim to survive a wound is greater than it was 15 years ago."

In other words, more people in the U.S. are getting shot, but doctors have gotten better at patching them up. Improved medical care doesn't account for the entire decline in homicides but experts say it is a major factor.

In case you do have a sub http://online.wsj.co...0684277812.html

#4 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

We get it. You don't understand statistics.

Lol. Tell mr jones and mr rogan I said hi.

#5 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Damn that NHA (nat'l hammer assoc). I think we should march on their headquarters.

Wonder how many hammerers were hammered at the time of crime commitment? And just to hammer home the point, hammers don't kill people, people do.

going to buy as many hammers as possible before the weekend......and nails

#6 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

so the point of this is that we should ban handguns?

#7 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,590 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Let's have more fun with this logic:

More babies die from suffocating on plush toys every year than by rattlesnake bites. Therefore, rattlesnakes are no more dangerous play toys than stuffed animals.

WAKE UP PEOPLE

#8 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

babies LOVE rattlesnakes.

#9 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,590 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

The lamestream media would never let you know though.

#10 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Derp derp ban hammers and clubs derp derp.

#11 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

babies LOVE rattlesnakes.

Always heard my Grandma say, "if he is fussy, give him his rattler"

#12 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

So, uh, well......
------

According to the FBI annual crime statistics, the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outnumbers the number of murders committed with a rifle.

This is an interesting fact, particularly amid the Democrats' feverish push to ban many different rifles, ostensibly to keep us safe of course.

However, it appears the zeal of Sens. like Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) is misdirected. For in looking at the FBI numbers from 2005 to 2011, the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.

Think about it: In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618.
And so the list goes, with the actual numbers changing somewhat from year to year, yet the fact that more people are killed with blunt objects each year remains constant.

For example, in 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.

While the FBI makes is clear that some of the "murder by rifle" numbers could be adjusted up slightly, when you take into account murders with non-categorized types of guns, it does not change the fact that their annual reports consistently show more lives are taken each year with these blunt objects than are taken with Feinstein's dreaded rifle.

Another interesting fact: According to the FBI, nearly twice as many people are killed by hands and fists each year than are killed by murderers who use rifles.

Read more: http://nation.foxnew...s#ixzz2GwkLplK7

------

Its hard to kill multiple people while you are running around with a hammer or a club...I think that is the whole point of the "gun stink" because of mass killings.

#13 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Let's have more fun with this logic:

More babies die from suffocating on plush toys every year than by rattlesnake bites. Therefore, rattlesnakes are no more dangerous play toys than stuffed animals.

WAKE UP PEOPLE

Yet neither are in the discussion to be banned.

#14 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,590 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Yet neither are in the discussion to be banned.

My point must look like a chemtrail to you.

#15 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Foxnation logic. Gotta love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com