Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Our Cap Isn't In Good Shape For 2013

71 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We didn't even miss Gamble. That's an easy cut with big savings.

Posted · Report post

beane is willing to take it all on

Posted · Report post

Gamble is surely gone, sadly. Naka and Edwards as well. Restructure Gross, same with Beason, and hope to trade Deangelo although I think it will be impossible in the off-season.

We will obviously get under the cap, but anybody expecting to sign any decent FA will be setting themselves up for disappointment.

Posted · Report post

[quote]Our Cap Isn't In Good Shape For 2013
[/quote]

That's ridiculous! Munnerlyn is fine!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jai.' timestamp='1357250250' post='2075338']
Not to concerned, they'll get it worked out.
[/quote]

Agree. Edwards, Nakamura, Anderson, Gamble are obvious cuts. We're also going to restrucure CJ, DWill, Gross and Beason's contracts.

Posted · Report post

I don't want to cut Gamble, but it would be cool to see him go to a large market team and have the league's fans realize "Wait a second, this is one of the best CBs in the league" and waltz into the Pro Bowl.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The Special One' timestamp='1357254321' post='2075426']

Agree. Edwards, Nakamura, Anderson, Gamble are obvious cuts. We're also going to restrucure CJ, DWill, Gross and Beason's contracts.
[/quote]

With how much Guaranteed money Johnson has on his deal, it's going to be hard to restructure him at this moment. I mean his cap hit the next 3 years is already ridiculous as it is.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Swaggasaurus' timestamp='1357248106' post='2075282']
I understand that cutting Gamble saves us the most, but what FA are you going to sign who is as good at their respective postion as Gamble is at his? He's easily a top 10 NFL corner on a team with no other top individual talent in the secondary.
[/quote]
Gamble is a top 10 corner every other year

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carpanfan96' timestamp='1357254762' post='2075436']

With how much Guaranteed money Johnson has on his deal, it's going to be hard to restructure him at this moment. I mean his cap hit the next 3 years is already ridiculous as it is.
[/quote]

OK then maybe not CJ but everyone else who has a big contract I'm sure will be asked to restructure.
We need to re-sign Dwan Edwards and maybe Munnerlyn.

Posted · Report post

In mystery GM I trust

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mister Love' timestamp='1357252319' post='2075381']
btdubs for anybody who was a staunch hurney supporter has he landed any executive job in the personnel management dept. of another team yet? doesn't have to be GM could be anything. surely being this cap genius who never misses in the first round of the draft he should've been in demand
[/quote]

Who's to say he wanted another job right away?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The Special One' timestamp='1357255481' post='2075463']

OK then maybe not CJ but everyone else who has a big contract I'm sure will be asked to restructure.
We need to re-sign Dwan Edwards and maybe Munnerlyn.
[/quote]
I don't think restructuring contracts is as easy as some think....

It still can create more of the same problems down the road. Take Beason for example...ask him to restructure and he turns out to never be able to comeback. That bonus money created in a restructure would still be an issue if you need to part with him.