• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

GM: I have no idea
HC: I have no idea/Rivera

Overview:

It is important to consider a new GM in his 1st year will want to hit well with this draft. I really like Warmack but just don't see him as our first rounder with a new guy in place; I think he'll wanna make a splash. On d, I think our secondary showed depth this year and Josh Thomas looked nice. A FS is definitely needed. With DJ and Godfrey both capable at SS, I think that's ok for the time being. Our defensive line really stepped up and considering our rotations inside, I think our need for a NT isn't as heavy of a need as on the OL and at WR. I think it's clear the lack of running game and strong protection against any team with a decent defense was piss poor at many times this year and is my major concern. Also, we really do need a deep threat on this team and not another Hackett, Murphy, etc. type acquisition.

Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan 6'7 305

I'm not a huge fan of rankings in Jan. and see him being a prime target for us. I'm NOT a fan of Bell and it's obvious Gross' age has caught up to him. I think he could be really good at the next level.

Justin Hunter WR Tennessee 6'4 200

It's hard to ignore the receivers in this draft even though there's seemingly no for sure stud in the 1st. A lot of talent here and this draft is just shouting at us to take one of them. Between Hopkins, Patterson, Allen, Williams, Rogers, Woods, Hunter and Austin, you've gotta think at least one of them should be there with our 2nd rounder. I def could see Williams, Hopkins, Allen, Austin & Patterson gone by our 2nd rounder though. Hunter and Rodgers would be right there...I'm not totally sold on them, but can see this happening.

Honorable mentions that could definitely make a big rise: Cobi Hamilton, Quinton Patton, Jordan Matthews

Zeke Motta FS Notre Dame 6'2 215

I like this prospect a lot. Really good instincts and leadership ability

Good article on the gentleman:

http://slapthesign.c...ety-zeke-motta/

Omoregie Uzzi OG Georgia Tech 6'3 302

Get some much needed depth at guard, find a way to improve somehow over Hang'man and hope Silatolu steps it up year 2. Considering where he's coming from and the type of offense he could go into, I think it'd be a good pick up for us.

Corey Fuller WR Virginia Tech 6'2 196 (~4.44 40 time)

Big sleeper imo. He honestly looked way more NFL ready than Marcus Davis this year, doesn't make stupid drops, and was a track star. I think he'd be a great late round grab for us.

#2 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Definately on board with these picks and your philosophy that we need help on the OL and WR first, can't agree more. Personally I think there are better values to be found in round 4 than Motta, but I wouldn't hate the pick, do like.

#3 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Definately on board with these picks and your philosophy that we need help on the OL and WR first, can't agree more. Personally I think there are better values to be found in round 4 than Motta, but I wouldn't hate the pick, do like.

Thanks for the feedback. Motta and Uzzi are two prospects I have my eye on this draft (at least for the time being). I'm definitely interested to see what Motta looks like come the BCS title game.

Fuller has been highly overlooked so far imo. I think he can definitely make a rise as the offseason unfolds. Overall, I really like this receiver class.

#4 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

I don't see why some people are seeing a need at OT at all. Unless we plan to cut Gross, I dnt want no OT in the 1st/2nd

#5 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

I don't see why some people are seeing a need at OT at all. Unless we plan to cut Gross, I dnt want no OT in the 1st/2nd

Cutting Gross is a possibility and its been discussed quite a lot in the forum. Also, Bell is not good but rather jag Rivera really likes imo.

#6 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Cutting Gross is a possibility and its been discussed quite a lot in the forum. Also, Bell is not good but rather jag Rivera really likes imo.

Yea bc the huddle thinks we should cut Gross really means we should. I really don't see Gross going anywhere. And Bell isn't good? Really? He's probably the best player on the line this season. Wow!

#7 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Yea bc the huddle thinks we should cut Gross really means we should. I really don't see Gross going anywhere. And Bell isn't good? Really? He's probably the best player on the line this season. Wow!

That's not what I'm saying bud. The discussion has been brought up a lot so you should look it up then consider the info and develop what you think to be a possibility and what you would like to happen. Then from that information you develop an opinion and express it on this platform we call a message board.

Also, Bell was terrible this season. Constantly got beat by speedy edge rushers and was pushed like a rag doll at times. I don't know what you were watching but if Rivera isn't here, I don't see Bell starting for us.

#8 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

That's not what I'm saying bud. The discussion has been brought up a lot so you should look it up then consider the info and develop what you think to be a possibility and what you would like to happen. Then from that information you develop an opinion and express it on this platform we call a message board.

Also, Bell was terrible this season. Constantly got beat by speedy edge rushers and was pushed like a rag doll at times. I don't know what you were watching but if Rivera isn't here, I don't see Bell starting for us.

OT isn't even as big a need as RG. If you had switch Fisher for Warmack I wouldn't have mind but from whatever reasons, I'm not seeing eye to eye with those who believe we should take an OT.

I don't know what you were watching too bc I clearly thought Bell was playing his ass off this season and was the best out of the unit this season. I'm guessing a few of you guys are still living the Broncos game to this day.

#9 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

You don't pass up on franchise left tackles Chuck LOL...

Gross is DONE, cut him, bench him, move him to guard. Just do not start him.

Fisher would be an automatic starter at LT and would enjoy a great 10+ seasons like Gross did.

#10 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Like the draft, don't really need two receivers though.

#11 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

OT isn't even as big a need as RG. If you had switch Fisher for Warmack I wouldn't have mind but from whatever reasons, I'm not seeing eye to eye with those who believe we should take an OT.

I don't know what you were watching too bc I clearly thought Bell was playing his ass off this season and was the best out of the unit this season. I'm guessing a few of you guys are still living the Broncos game to this day.

I can't agree with you on this one chuck, Gross and Bell struggled mightily at times this year. Bell can still get better, Gross will get worse. I don't really like picking guard that early, it is really a position that you can get by with a serviceable player. I think Amini is going to take off with the LG spot, the last half of the year he really turned it up. If either Matthews, Fisher, or Lewan are on the board it is no brainer to pick OT at this point.

#12 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

I can't agree with you on this one chuck, Gross and Bell struggled mightily at times this year. Bell can still get better, Gross will get worse. I don't really like picking guard that early, it is really a position that you can get by with a serviceable player. I think Amini is going to take off with the LG spot, the last half of the year he really turned it up. If either Matthews, Fisher, or Lewan are on the board it is no brainer to pick OT at this point.

If the goal is to cut Gross, save money, and Draft a young LT for the future I'm fine. I just don't see why we should if we're going to keep Gross. And I don't approve of the idea of keeping Gross, take an OT, and "move Bell to RG".

#13 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

If the goal is to cut Gross, save money, and Draft a young LT for the future I'm fine. I just don't see why we should if we're going to keep Gross. And I don't approve of the idea of keeping Gross, take an OT, and "move Bell to RG".

Bell is not going to work at RG, he plays to upright and most likely lacks the needed foot speed. Swinging Gross to RT and leaving Bell a backup may be an option. The entire line really has to improve at both the Guard and Tackle spots for us to improve as a team. Actually we need some guys who a physical in there, pass blocking may be a glaring issue when Cam gets nailed however I am tired of seeing these fuging boy scouts get no push in the run game.

#14 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Bell is not going to work at RG, he plays to upright and most likely lacks the needed foot speed. Swinging Gross to RT and leaving Bell a backup may be an option. The entire line really has to improve at both the Guard and Tackle spots for us to improve as a team. Actually we need some guys who a physical in there, pass blocking may be a glaring issue when Cam gets nailed however I am tired of seeing these fuging boy scouts get no push in the run game.

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

That really does us no good having Bell as a backup. Our Oline would still struggle bc we have no help inside at RG. The simplest way to beef our oline, if thats the way we approach would be to just take Warmack at 14 and leave Gross and Bell at their spot.

I dont like the idea of having a rookie at LT, Gross at RT, and have Bell as a backup. Mind as well cut Gross to save some cap also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com