52 replies to this topic

#11 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWilkesboro
HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

OT isn't even as big a need as RG. If you had switch Fisher for Warmack I wouldn't have mind but from whatever reasons, I'm not seeing eye to eye with those who believe we should take an OT.

I don't know what you were watching too bc I clearly thought Bell was playing his ass off this season and was the best out of the unit this season. I'm guessing a few of you guys are still living the Broncos game to this day.

I can't agree with you on this one chuck, Gross and Bell struggled mightily at times this year. Bell can still get better, Gross will get worse. I don't really like picking guard that early, it is really a position that you can get by with a serviceable player. I think Amini is going to take off with the LG spot, the last half of the year he really turned it up. If either Matthews, Fisher, or Lewan are on the board it is no brainer to pick OT at this point.

#12 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

I can't agree with you on this one chuck, Gross and Bell struggled mightily at times this year. Bell can still get better, Gross will get worse. I don't really like picking guard that early, it is really a position that you can get by with a serviceable player. I think Amini is going to take off with the LG spot, the last half of the year he really turned it up. If either Matthews, Fisher, or Lewan are on the board it is no brainer to pick OT at this point.

If the goal is to cut Gross, save money, and Draft a young LT for the future I'm fine. I just don't see why we should if we're going to keep Gross. And I don't approve of the idea of keeping Gross, take an OT, and "move Bell to RG".

#13 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWilkesboro
HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

If the goal is to cut Gross, save money, and Draft a young LT for the future I'm fine. I just don't see why we should if we're going to keep Gross. And I don't approve of the idea of keeping Gross, take an OT, and "move Bell to RG".

Bell is not going to work at RG, he plays to upright and most likely lacks the needed foot speed. Swinging Gross to RT and leaving Bell a backup may be an option. The entire line really has to improve at both the Guard and Tackle spots for us to improve as a team. Actually we need some guys who a physical in there, pass blocking may be a glaring issue when Cam gets nailed however I am tired of seeing these fuging boy scouts get no push in the run game.
  • arc PIE'd this

#14 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWilkesboro
HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Bell is not going to work at RG, he plays to upright and most likely lacks the needed foot speed. Swinging Gross to RT and leaving Bell a backup may be an option. The entire line really has to improve at both the Guard and Tackle spots for us to improve as a team. Actually we need some guys who a physical in there, pass blocking may be a glaring issue when Cam gets nailed however I am tired of seeing these fuging boy scouts get no push in the run game.

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

That really does us no good having Bell as a backup. Our Oline would still struggle bc we have no help inside at RG. The simplest way to beef our oline, if thats the way we approach would be to just take Warmack at 14 and leave Gross and Bell at their spot.

I dont like the idea of having a rookie at LT, Gross at RT, and have Bell as a backup. Mind as well cut Gross to save some cap also.

#16 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• LocationFLORIDA
HUDDLER

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

That really does us no good having Bell as a backup. Our Oline would still struggle bc we have no help inside at RG. The simplest way to beef our oline, if thats the way we approach would be to just take Warmack at 14 and leave Gross and Bell at their spot.

I dont like the idea of having a rookie at LT, Gross at RT, and have Bell as a backup. Mind as well cut Gross to save some cap also.

matt kalil did decent in his rookie imo.

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

matt kalil did decent in his rookie imo.

Kalil actually played great as a rookie. The last one that played as good or better than Kalil in my opinion, you have to go back to Thomas.

Most of the recent OTs that came out struggled in their rookie season (Reiff, Martin, Tyron, Solder, Carimi, Trent Williams, Okung)

#18 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Reiff was a hot prospect last year. How many of you guys think Fisher is a better prospect than Reiff?

#19 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

Gross is not done and Bell isn't bad.

Go back and rewatch the games, it's pretty easy to see.

#20 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

The only picks I have a problem with are the first and last.

I'm part of the group that doesn't think our OTs are nearly as bad as some. Gross isn't done by any means. At worst, he had a down year. It happens. Happened to Gamble ('10), Peppers ('07), Smitty ('10), and plenty others I'm sure. In my opinion, it was a trickle down effect from two sources: A ) Chud's early season retard mode playcalling and B ) OL injuries, most notably Kalil, affected everything. On the O-line, If the guy beside you sucks at his job, your job gets a lot harder. With the drastic drop in performance at C, the G's couldn't pick up the slack due to being rookies and just poor players, so the whole unit suffered. In my opinion, the first pick should be used on a DT (Star, Hankins, Richardson in that order for now) or Warmack.

With the last pick I don't think we need another young developmental WR, we have TONS. I'd much rather get a Kicker.

I'd love Hunter in the 2nd if he fell that far. If he doesn't there should be some others that will be good value there. Definitely agree with WR in the 2nd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users