Photo
- - - - -

A Mock Draft Thingamajigger

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

That really does us no good having Bell as a backup. Our Oline would still struggle bc we have no help inside at RG. The simplest way to beef our oline, if thats the way we approach would be to just take Warmack at 14 and leave Gross and Bell at their spot.

I dont like the idea of having a rookie at LT, Gross at RT, and have Bell as a backup. Mind as well cut Gross to save some cap also.

matt kalil did decent in his rookie imo.

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

matt kalil did decent in his rookie imo.

Kalil actually played great as a rookie. The last one that played as good or better than Kalil in my opinion, you have to go back to Thomas.

Most of the recent OTs that came out struggled in their rookie season (Reiff, Martin, Tyron, Solder, Carimi, Trent Williams, Okung)

#18 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Reiff was a hot prospect last year. How many of you guys think Fisher is a better prospect than Reiff?

#19 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,853 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

Gross is not done and Bell isn't bad.

Go back and rewatch the games, it's pretty easy to see.

#20 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,920 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

The only picks I have a problem with are the first and last.

I'm part of the group that doesn't think our OTs are nearly as bad as some. Gross isn't done by any means. At worst, he had a down year. It happens. Happened to Gamble ('10), Peppers ('07), Smitty ('10), and plenty others I'm sure. In my opinion, it was a trickle down effect from two sources: A ) Chud's early season retard mode playcalling and B ) OL injuries, most notably Kalil, affected everything. On the O-line, If the guy beside you sucks at his job, your job gets a lot harder. With the drastic drop in performance at C, the G's couldn't pick up the slack due to being rookies and just poor players, so the whole unit suffered. In my opinion, the first pick should be used on a DT (Star, Hankins, Richardson in that order for now) or Warmack.

With the last pick I don't think we need another young developmental WR, we have TONS. I'd much rather get a Kicker.

I'd love Hunter in the 2nd if he fell that far. If he doesn't there should be some others that will be good value there. Definitely agree with WR in the 2nd.

#21 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

It's a tough call between Lewan and Fisher.

Lewan seems to stonewall his guy every time, has great leverage, but he's also really grabby and that worries me. Everything he does also seem just.. Like.. Wobbly and sluggish and awkward.

Fisher has his own pro's and con's. He's tall and quick footed and has a ton of talent and potential, but he also plays really upright (only understandable to a certain extent given his size) and surrenders too many steps off the bat in pass protection prior to initial contact for my taste.

I'll have to watch more. Either way, LT is a large need for us. Gross regressed tremendously this year and his age would only dictate he continues to do so. Those things combined with his cap number make him a prime cap cut target, making the player fans who are still holding onto the last bastions of the previous regime cry themselves to sleep each night.

Bell was solid most of the year, but was absolutely awful down the stretch. Don't know if he just petered out or what, but given his youth, low pay, and decent play most of the year, I expect to see him back at RT next year.

Neither are capable of playing Guard, so we'll see what happens. We certainly don't want to be in the top half of the draft again any time soon, and that seems to be the prime place to acquire LTs, so it's possible we strike while the opportunity is in front of us.

#22 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Gross is not done and Bell isn't bad.

Go back and rewatch the games, it's pretty easy to see.

This is Fisher week. A lot of huddlers on here doesnt know what they want. They jump from bandwagon to bandwagon. I give 1 more week until all these people forget who Fisher is. They're gonna jump on another wagon before they know it.

#23 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,629 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

I like your picks.I think it will depend on if they keep Gross though.

#24 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

You don't pass up on franchise left tackles Chuck LOL...

Gross is DONE, cut him, bench him, move him to guard. Just do not start him.

Fisher would be an automatic starter at LT and would enjoy a great 10+ seasons like Gross did.

Since I dont scout a lot of youtube like you do, can you tell me if your "Franchise LT Fisher" is better than Nate Solder, Anthony Castonzo, Gabe Carimi, or Riley Reiff? I was one of, if not the first to talk about Fisher on here while you were still riding Joeckel's nuts. I just dont see it. He's a good OT but not worthy at no.14 overall.

#25 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

This is Fisher week. A lot of huddlers on here doesnt know what they want. They jump from bandwagon to bandwagon. I give 1 more week until all these people forget who Fisher is. They're gonna jump on another wagon before they know it.

Just glancing through some of the other mocks I see Hankins, Jesse Williams, Terrence Williams, Fisher, Richardson, etc. to us in the 1st.

I get you don't want a tackle but that's a silly reason to say why others are wanting one.

Now that Rivera is staying, it pretty much guarantees Bell at RT next year with Gross still a possible casualty along with Gamble for cap reasons.

Picks are determined by the direction people see things going, that's all. No one here is a draft expert. Its fun and with how seriously some take the whole mock drat thing is quite funny imo

#26 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Just glancing through some of the other mocks I see Hankins, Jesse Williams, Terrence Williams, Fisher, Richardson, etc. to us in the 1st.

I get you don't want a tackle but that's a silly reason to say why others are wanting one.

Now that Rivera is staying, it pretty much guarantees Bell at RT next year with Gross still a possible casualty along with Gamble for cap reasons.

Picks are determined by the direction people see things going, that's all. No one here is a draft expert. Its fun and with how seriously some take the whole mock drat thing is quite funny imo

I pretty much agree, but still it is the truth. Beginning of the season it was Hankins over Star. Then Star for most of the season. Went there to Joeckel to Warmack to a week of Richardson to now Fisher. Next week will be someone else.

After the Championshio game, Jesse Williams might become the next week favorite.

#27 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

chuck is killin everyone lol

#28 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Im not hating on anyone. It's the truth. Just watch. There will be a new wagon by next week.

I just can't understand the need for an OT when RG is the bigger problem and Warmack would make more sense and boost this OLINE up. I'm tired of hearing the take an OT and move Bell to RG, bc its not happening.

Most people on here really doesn't know anything. They just copy each other mocks bc they can't live without doings new mock very day. People wanted to mock Joeckel here then went on to Warmack bc they saw how beautiful the picture of Warmack guts hanging off his jersey was, and then now Fisher while they didn't even have a clue who Fisher was three days ago.

#29 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

He's actually kind of making a fool of himself. This is the draft forum and it's dedicated to the talk of draft prospects. If it bothers him that we are talking about many different prospects rather than the ones he feels we should be discussing, then he should probably just not bother coming him.

Throw that in with the fact we've climbed about ten draft spots in two weeks, and of course we're going to be discussing different draft prospects.

"zomg last week yall were discussing a top five draft prospect and now you're talking about a top 15 one! How stupid are you people!!!"

#30 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm a good clown

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Im not hating on anyone. It's the truth. Just watch. There will be a new wagon by next week.

I just can't understand the need for an OT when RG is the bigger problem and Warmack would make more sense and boost this OLINE up. I'm tired of hearing the take an OT and move Bell to RG, bc its not happening.

Most people on here really doesn't know anything. They just copy each other mocks bc they can't live without doings new mock very day. People wanted to mock Joeckel here then went on to Warmack bc they saw how beautiful the picture of Warmack guts hanging off his jersey was, and then now Fisher while they didn't even have a clue who Fisher was three days ago.

People moved on to Warmack because Joeckel will be gone within the first 4 picks. O-line, D-line, Secondary, and Wide receiver are the biggest needs. Warmack is a sure thing. That's why some people have jumped on his bandwagon. I'll reserve my vote until the draft board becomes clearer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com