Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers sign WR Lamont Bryant, TE Nelson Rosario and CB Nick Hixson from practice squad. Beane magic?

17 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Forgive me, ipad not letting me post link for some reason, but this is per Joe Person's twitter feed. Pretty excited about Lamont Bryant. Is this Beane? Is it Rivera? Who are making these moves I wonder?

Posted · Report post

Could be anyone. Probably initiated by Rivera though. Pretty standard offseason move to sign PS guys you like,

Posted · Report post

Bryant and Rosario could be awesome. Very excited about them. Don't know much about Hixon. Is Jared Green still on our PS?

Posted · Report post

Lamont "Superstar" Bryant

He's teh next Ed McCaffery

Posted · Report post

Joe Person is a joke. These moves we made on Dec 31st.

Anyway, it was prob the coaching staff who got together and decided which practice squad guys had sufficient upside.

Posted · Report post

Guys on the Pulse were talking about how Rosario and Bryant could be big-time players next season.... don't know much about Hixon.

Posted · Report post

Bryant at 6'5 225 with a good vertical and can catch in traffic is something this team could use. Especially in the redzone. I was hoping he made the team last year but I guess they wanted to take a year to groom him and get him ready

Posted · Report post

I liked Bryant in the pre season. I was hoping we would keep him around.

Posted · Report post

Bryant and Rosario could be awesome. Very excited about them. Don't know much about Hixon. Is Jared Green still on our PS?

Hixson is listed as DB but is purely a special teams guy who was a Saints rookie FA.

The fact that Green was not signed to a futures contract like these 3 means we won't be retaining him.

Posted · Report post

Got a ways to wait there, excited ones.

Posted · Report post

Bryant at 6'5 225 with a good vertical and can catch in traffic is something this team could use. Especially in the redzone. I was hoping he made the team last year but I guess they wanted to take a year to groom him and get him ready

Bryant is raw as hell but with his size and strength we might turn him into a TE.

Posted · Report post

Bryant is raw as hell but with his size and strength we might turn him into a TE.

Why? He is the same size as Plax, VJax, and Malcolm Floyd. Use him as such