Photo
- - - - -

Getting Cam a QB coach worth a damn

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#49 Matthias

Matthias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

I'd call that a college offense. And, other than some unfortunate experimentation early this season, a different system.

Gunslingers aren't the only guys who throw picks. They just happen to be the guys who take the most chances, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

When I think of gunslingers, I think of a guy like Matthew Stafford. Anybody who have seen Stafford play, knows he pretty much just slings the ball around any way he can. I've seen him sling the ball sideways on multiple occasions, just flicking that thing out there. Is that how you see Cam being throughout his career, plus his running ability?

#50 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

When I think of gunslingers, I think of a guy like Matthew Stafford. Anybody who have seen Stafford play, knows he pretty much just slings the ball around any way he can. I've seen him sling the ball sideways on multiple occasions, just flicking that thing out there. Is that how you see Cam being throughout his career, plus his running ability?

Not the definition of a gunslinger.

A gunslinger QB is one that takes more chances than others might. He's a gambler by nature, mostly because he believes strongly in his ability to get the ball to his guy even if it looks like he's covered.

Tell me that's not Newton.

#51 Matthias

Matthias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Not the definition of a gunslinger.

A gunslinger QB is one that takes more chances than others might. He's a gambler by nature, mostly because he believes strongly in his ability to get the ball to his guy even if it looks like he's covered.

Tell me that's not Newton.

I don't know know if I can say he is a gambler. I haven't seen him throw in to receivers that are completely draped on a consistent basis. I see Cam wait for his guy to come open, then he rockets it to him as best he can. I don't think gunslingers have the kind of patience Newton has shown. Stafford definitely take a lot of chances, part of that might be because of Johnson, but he definitely takes more chances than any QB I've seen recently.

It's still too early to officially see Cam's type of play, but I've seen him have a penchant for being calculating and throwing an accurate ball.