Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lilsmitty09

Yahoo Writer says Deangelo a HOF with Adrian Peterson if give opportunity

44 posts in this topic

AP split carries his rookie year. He also didnt allow that to continue

Oddly enough a friend of mine tweeted a Yahoo article he wrote earlier today. He is a college student, not a journalist

Don't forget, in 2008 DeAngelo had 1,515 rushing yards and 18 TDs (along with 121 receiving yards and 2 TDs) and he was splitting carries with J-Stew as well (who had 836 rushing yards and and 10 TDs himself). If we had stuck with the Fox ball control offense, D-Will would be spoken of as a top 5 back in the league.

1500 yards one season doesn't make you the RB Adrian Peterson is today.

DWill has .1 (thats POINT 1) less yards per carry than Peterson. Peterson has only had 2 years over 5 yards a carry while Williams has had 4 years over 5 yards a carry. Williams has around 600 less career carries than Peterson even though he has been in the league 1 year longer. Remember Fox had Williams behind Foster for 2 years. Also Chud hasn't used the run that much the past 2 years. The article has a point. If Williams didn't have those 4 wasted years due to coaching and coordinators, he could be right up there with Peterson.

DWill has .1 (thats POINT 1) less yards per carry than Peterson. Peterson has only had 2 years over 5 yards a carry while Williams has had 4 years over 5 yards a carry. Williams has around 600 less career carries than Peterson even though he has been in the league 1 year longer. Remember Fox had Williams behind Foster for 2 years. Also Chud hasn't used the run that much the past 2 years. The article has a point. If Williams didn't have those 4 wasted years due to coaching and coordinators, he could be right up there with Peterson.

So where is the Jamal Charles fan article talking about how Peterson and Williams both suck

So where is the Jamal Charles fan article talking about how Peterson and Williams both suck

give me a minute and i'll write one.

Dwill splits carries because Hurney is/was ignnorant and used our first round pick 2 times in a 3 year period on the Running Back position.

Just another reason why we have deficencies in so many areas.

That being said Dwill has averaged 4.9 YPC over 1200 attempts in his career.

AP has averaged 5.0 YPC over 1700 attempts in his career. So AP is about 3.6 inches per rush better than DWill.

I can see the writers point in this article, it's a good one.

1 person likes this

Dwill splits carries because Hurney is/was ignnorant and used our first round pick 2 times in a 3 year period on the Running Back position.

Just another reason why we have deficencies in so many areas.

That being said Dwill has averaged 4.9 YPC over 1200 attempts in his career.

AP has averaged 5.0 YPC over 1700 attempts in his career. So AP is about 3.6 inches per rush better than DWill.

I can see the writers point in this article, it's a good one.

...and Charles is at 5.8 per carry

I said the year that Dwill had 1500 yards that he likes like the best back in football...but he dropped off. Whether that was bc of lack of reps and lack of rhythm..who knows? But he's the one who signed the contract. I'm sure someone woulda paid him a little less for a few years of lead back duty. Hurney screwed that situation up badly..that's all I know for sure.

I really hope we keep him, rather than Beason or whoever else we would trade instead, but if we dont, I hope he goes to a team where he has the most potential and tears it up

He's a significantly better back than Stewart IMO. I hate the idea of trading him.

I really hope we keep him, rather than Beason or whoever else we would trade instead, but if we dont, I hope he goes to a team where he has the most potential and tears it up

He's a significantly better back than Stewart IMO. I hate the idea of trading him.

He is significantly better healthy than an injured Stewart.

too much stock being put into 1 last game against the worst defense in NFL history. 3.3 yards per carry, 2 rush TDs, 458 rushing yards.....that was Williams on the year with the Saints not factored in.

...and Charles is at 5.8 per carry

remember that whole 5.0ypc after 1000 carries record held by jim brown and recently matched by deangelo williams?

jamaal charles can average 2.1 ypc over the next 216 rushing attempts and still match it.