#31 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,294 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

...and Charles is at 5.8 per carry

If there is anyone ignorant in this thread it is you. Your argument citing Charles holds no water and its like comparing apples and oranges. You're only citing YPC to try to make the other arguement look stupid when it's only you that looks just that. It's not only YPC but also carries. Charles has about 500 yards less carries than Williams. About 1,000 less than AP. The arguement is that if Williams started his first 2 years and if Chud used the run more, that would definately make up for the about 600 less carries than AP and with Williams showing a consistent 5 ypc over his career, he could very well be in the same class as AP.

#32 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,854 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Keeping Double Trouble intact has been a huge mistake....

Also, this isn't about how careers matchup....Williams is 30 and Stewart 26 next year

I think the biggest mistake the Panthers could make is moving forward thinking Stewart will be the feature back in a Dwill free BofA.
93 carries this year and he cant get on the field, year after year he's had feet and ankle problems. The best arguement to keep Stewart as the primary back is he has more guaranteed money on his contract than DWill does. MOney we'll have to eat one way or another. Hurney has really screwed us, all we can do is try and make the best of it.

#33 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,186 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

from sheer trade value perspective, its a good thing DeA got to run so much the last few games. now if there is some wizard that can cast a spell on a team to eat those dollars, well...

#34 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,854 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

from sheer trade value perspective, its a good thing DeA got to run so much the last few games. now if there is some wizard that can cast a spell on a team to eat those dollars, well...

Running Backs in the NFL simply dont carry the value Hurney put on the position.
Wow, we have two RBs that rushed for 1100 yards!
Oh, we finished 8-8 (2009)

#35 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,645 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

If there is anyone ignorant in this thread it is you. Your argument citing Charles holds no water and its like comparing apples and oranges. You're only citing YPC to try to make the other arguement look stupid when it's only you that looks just that. It's not only YPC but also carries. Charles has about 500 yards less carries than Williams. About 1,000 less than AP. The arguement is that if Williams started his first 2 years and if Chud used the run more, that would definately make up for the about 600 less carries than AP and with Williams showing a consistent 5 ypc over his career, he could very well be in the same class as AP.

You seem to be selectively applying if player X had more carries over his career his ypc would be the same......then trashing that formula when applied to another RB looking forward (who simply will easily join that Jim Brown stat Williams just did but with a better ypc pending he doesn't receive a career ending injury ).

Williams doesn't have the skill set Peterson does...that is what matters in this conversation. That is what separates them.

Also, I didn't call anyone ignorant. I disagree with people....but leave the name calling to others.

#36 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

mmm-hmmm. So comparing Jamaal Charles and Deangelo is apples and oranges because Deangelo has 385 more carries, while Deangelo and Peterson is a valid comparison even though Peterson has 585 more carries?

Why dont we just stop comparing Deangelo to Peterson. AP might be the greatest RB in NFL history, its okay to be worse than him

#37 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,676 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

How did I know as soon as I saw a thread praising Deangelo that CRA would be in here for pages on end making sure everyone shares his irrational disdain for the guy

#38 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

So.... which one of you moron's wrote this?

#39 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,645 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

How did I know as soon as I saw a thread praising Deangelo that CRA would be in here for pages on end making sure everyone shares his irrational disdain for the guy

Nah, overly sensitive huddle logic.

Pointing out the article is over the top somehow equals distain for Williams

Somehow not wanting Carolina to over invest and get themselves into the current mess they have on the backfield must mean I hate Williams. Lets ignore the fact that once Williams got the big deal I then endorsed not signing Stewart (bc it isn't wasn't about the RB as much as it was what Carolina was doing with their backfield).

Williams is not Peterson. That isn't Williams distain. There isn't a RB in the NFL with AD's combo of power, speed and agility. But let's deflect away from the topic and facts and just spin it all as blind hate

#40 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

He's not as good as AP, but he's still capable of being an elite RB. I know he's the best running back we have on the roster right now and also the best we've ever had.

#41 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

yahoo writers are trash. AP was a man among boys his ROOKIE year. I do think he could have been more successful than he has been, never like AP though.

#42 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Replace "Yahoo Writer" with "Huddler"

same thing

#43 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Only 95% of them. All Yahoo writers are a joke, no matter the topic.

#44 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Keeping Double Trouble intact has been a huge mistake....

Also, this isn't about how careers matchup....Williams is 30 and Stewart 26 next year

True. 'twas impulsive. I wish we could keep them both cuz I'd hate to see either go, but yeah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com