Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESPN's Pat Yasinskas believes the Panthers will "almost have to cut" LCB Chris Gamble this offseason.

76 posts in this topic

Posted

ESPN's Pat Yasinskas believes the Panthers will "almost have to cut" LCB Chris Gamble this offseason.

The reasoning? Carolina currently has $136 million committed toward the 2013 salary cap that is expected to be just over $120 million. Gamble carries a $10.9 million cap hit for 2013, and the team could save $7.9 million by slashing him from the payroll. The problem is that Gamble is easily the team's best corner, and there isn't a whole lot of solid depth behind him. Gamble, 30 in March, played in just four games in 2012 before landing on injured reserve with a shoulder injury. Jan 3 - 8:51 PM

Source: ESPN.com

Posted

With the way our young CBs played, it may be the smart move. Gamble is a damn good CB, but he's getting up there in age, injuries are starting to become an issue, and he has a huge cap hit on a cap strapped team. All of that adds up to him very possibly being a cap casualty.

1 person likes this

Posted

Is there a restructure possibility here?

Posted

just wow if it comes to this..... though we can do without and i don't mean let the scrubs come forth!

Posted

jesus christ lol

he's going to go to a team just one starter away from a SB run and have like 6 interceptions next season

Panthers!

Posted

Already a thread on this, this is just an excerpt from Pat Y that was in this thread.

Posted

You may want to edit the title.

The article says a reporter "believes" it might happen, not that it is for certain.

1 person likes this

Posted

even tho i think this is just another attempt at yas tossing something at a wall to see if it sticks...i can see it happening.

Posted

fuging THREAD TITLE HOMIE!!!!!

Posted

Also I'd update your title. No where does it say the Panthers will cut Gamble, Pay Y suggests it and Pat Y is about as reliable as bag of rusty screws.

This would be a foolish move when the secondary is what needs the most work. The Panthers need to find a competent GM that is really good with the cap that also understands our team needs.

Posted

I think this is a bot guys

Posted

thread title needs changed by someone with better reading comprehension skills.