Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nd Rnd pick - DT

17 posts in this topic

Posted

I would love to see us get Will Sutton from Arizona St with our 2nd round pick. He is a stud pass rusher, we all saw the impact Dwan Edwards had when he was healthy and Sutton would be a perfect fit to take his place. I think Fua will develop into the large run stuffer we need and adding Sutton to play along beside him with CJ and Hardy on the outside would allow us to put constant pressure on opposing QBs.

Posted

Why so small?

I hope we could get Jesse Williams in the 2nd, but sure that he will be going in the 1st. Never know though.

Some 2nd rounder DTs are: Sharrif Floyd, Kawann Short (not a fan of), Sylvester Williams, Akeem Spence, and Jordan Hill.

Posted

Why do we have to replace Edwards lol?

Posted

Yeah, I don't think fans understand that we have big Dwan under contract for another season.

Posted

unless Flyod is on the board in the 2nd which he wont be,the value isnt there to take a DT.

we will be forced to take an OG or WR or S

Posted

magnifying-glass.gif

Posted

you lose all credit when you say you think Fua can be a run stuffer

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah, I don't think fans understand that we have big Dwan under contract for another season.

have yet to see this.roto said he signed a 1 year contract.

Posted

Sutton was an absolute beast for ASU, but he's really undersized for DT at 270 pounds, there's no guarantee he's even in the draft this year, and the second is really high for him...

Posted

Meh, I'd rather take a vet from a team with am abundance of DT talent. I look at Pat Sims from Cincinnati or Sammie Lee Hill from Det. Either guy will be a somewhat cheap signing.

Posted

I would rather take a chance and sign Armond Armstead who dominated the CFL last year and is only 22 years old. Then hope Floyd drops till the second....

Posted

I'd love to sign Sammie Lee Hill. He's great against the run and might not break the bank since he was a backup.