54 replies to this topic

#46 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

I agree that Rivera will be here one more year. Not saying I agree with the decision, just that it is what will happen.

However, you have to wonder if JR has waited to talk to Ron because his talk is going to be a little bit more complicated than just giving him a vote of confidence. Perhaps he is going to put pre-conditions on his continuing, i.e. perhaps staff changes, or perhaps letting JR bring in a "consultant" to help Ron.

#47 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

He's staying people, now let's wrap up Ross.

Who says Ross wants to come somewhere that has a HC he did not choose?

Just speaking hypothetically but if we lost Ross or someone like Gettlemen because we kept Rivera.....

#48 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Maybe Hurney was fired because,he didn't have enough "flair" on his suspenders? Or maybe because he kept beating on the wall between his and JRs office while yelling "Hey Jer....breast exam on channel 9!"

#49 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,993 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

When asked to defend himself, Hurney said "I have people skills! I am good with people, dammit! What the hell is wrong with you people?!"

#50 carp24000

carp24000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

I'd like to move us right along to a Brandon Beane. Now we had a chance to meet this young man, and boy that's just a straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

#51 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,993 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I'd rather ask him to move his office into the basement.

#52 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,945 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

I understand that Richardson was out of town, so do not read too much into the date.

There are some things you do not do over the phone.

However, I think RR's judgement day could be in one year, if he can get a GM to agree to take the job under those conditions. If not, RR is gone.

#53 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,945 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

I agree that Rivera will be here one more year. Not saying I agree with the decision, just that it is what will happen.

However, you have to wonder if JR has waited to talk to Ron because his talk is going to be a little bit more complicated than just giving him a vote of confidence. Perhaps he is going to put pre-conditions on his continuing, i.e. perhaps staff changes, or perhaps letting JR bring in a "consultant" to help Ron.

I agree with everythig written here/ Would like to add that I feel Ron will improve, that his inexperienced staff worked to his disadvantage. (In other words, a veteran coordinator may have provided input that avoided many of the management issues)

#54 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Adam Shefter just reported that the meeting will take place in Jerry Richardson's bedroom. Interesting stuff.

#55 pantherdad

pantherdad

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Hey Chico man, watch your cornhole, bud. Don't go fugin up my life....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com