- - - - -

Should there be a maximum pass attempt for the rookie passing record?

pass attempt rookie record

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

I see Andrew Luck jacking up 627 attempts to break the rookie passing record while the previous two record holders, Newton and Manning, attempted 517 and 575 passes, respectively. So what do you guys think about rookies jacking up a bunch of attempts to claim the so-called rookie passing record. Should there be a maximum attempt just like they have a minimum attempt for the perfect rating in a game. And should there be an asterisk next to the new record.

Because it doesn't stop a mediocre organization from putting their rookie QB in a position to attempt 800 passes while completing only 54% of them in hope of getting some attention by breaking the record. It did occur to me that after Luck broke the passing record he started throwing less.

In Luck's last 4 games he attempted 34, 27, 35, 28. While he was averaging over 40 in his previous 12.

#2 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

It just ain't that big a deal.

#3 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Nah, records are made to be broken.

#4 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 7,783 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

No. Cam's record got broken. Deal with it.

#5 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,618 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

The only records that mean anything are win-loss records.

#6 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Luck still doesn't have Cam's total yardage record for a rookie.

#7 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 4,872 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Meh, doesn't concern me. YPA is where the elite separate themselves from the meek, and Cam beats Luck by a full yard.

#8 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,081 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

I see Andrew Luck jacking up 627 attempts to break the rookie passing record while the previous two record holders, Newton and Manning, attempted 517 and 575 passes, respectively. So what do you guys think about rookies jacking up a bunch of attempts to claim the so-called rookie passing record. Should there be a maximum attempt just like they have a minimum attempt for the perfect rating in a game. And should there be an asterisk next to the new record.

Because it doesn't stop a mediocre organization from putting their rookie QB in a position to attempt 800 passes while completing only 54% of them in hope of getting some attention by breaking the record. It did occur to me that after Luck broke the passing record he started throwing less.

In Luck's last 4 games he attempted 34, 27, 35, 28. While he was averaging over 40 in his previous 12.

Would you be asking this question if our QB had been the one to have more attempts and the record?

I think not.

#9 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• HUDDLER
  • 4,872 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

By the way, the most prestigious of Cam's records to me is the total TD record of 35. That stood for 63 years before he broke it, whereas Peyton's was merely 13 years old.

The closest to come to that this year was Wilson, and he ended up with only 30 total.

#10 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,564 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

peyton got his records in an era that was a whole lot less passer friendly. does that discount cam's production?

#11 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• HUDDLER
  • 4,872 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

peyton got his records in an era that was a whole lot less passer friendly. does that discount cam's production?

Considering Cam broke Peyton's record on like 70 fewer throws, not at all.

#12 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,042 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

One of cam's many records is in jeopardy of being broke?

Oh no. Let us make a rule to protect it.

Selfish is what that is.

#13 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,143 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

That's what every team does when their records are threatened. The elderly Dolphins come out of the woodwork every other year to explain why the currently undefeated team doesn't count like they did.

Which is fine, because if they had an attitude like pantherclaw's they wouldn't be pro athletes. They would be boring milquetoast cuckold fetishists.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,564 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

That's what every team does when their records are threatened. The elderly Dolphins come out of the woodwork every other year to explain why the currently undefeated team doesn't count like they did.

Which is fine, because if they had an attitude like pantherclaw's they wouldn't be pro athletes. They would be boring milquetoast cuckold fetishists.

cam raised the bar up from where peyton had set it how many years ago?

our QB did that?

i don't care how long that record lasts...i'm just thrilled that we have a QB that can do that. now all that is left is the winning.

#15 hitman80

hitman80

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

The only records that mean anything are win-loss records.

If only a 10-6 record was enough to get into the playoffs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pass, attempt, rookie, record

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.