#46 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,682 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Well, I do need to work on my TPS reports.

Anyone got a copy of the new cover sheet?

Posted Image

#47 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,543 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Disagree that "demonstrative on the sideline" is a good reason.

I said for some it is a necessity.

And what does my watching his last year in Pitt mean? He left after what,14 years. Been gone another 7. He may not want to return. If he did. Wouldn't he say something by now?

I am behind Rivera. Don't want Cowher. Even if we fire Ron I don't want Cowher. Just bringing up some points of interest. Or maybe just interesting to me.

#48 SparkyDevil

SparkyDevil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

And what does my watching his last year in Pitt mean? He left after what,14 years. Been gone another 7. He may not want to return. If he did. Wouldn't he say something by now?

I am behind Rivera. Don't want Cowher. Even if we fire Ron I don't want Cowher. Just bringing up some points of interest. Or maybe just interesting to me.

Totally agree with you on this one. I don't think Cowher was that great to begin with, and his reputation makes him seem a lot better or more talented than he really is. If/when Ron gets canned, I'd prefer a lot of other coaches over Bill.

#49 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,884 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

I ask because after winning the Super Bowl the prior year, a lot of folks felt like he "mailed it in" his final season. That doesn't say much for post Super Bowl "hunger".

#50 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Totally agree with you on this one. I don't think Cowher was that great to begin with, and his reputation makes him seem a lot better or more talented than he really is. If/when Ron gets canned, I'd prefer a lot of other coaches over Bill.

Thanks for agreeing Sparky. After 20+ years of marriage it is nice to be argeeed with.

Don't get me wrong. At one time he was good, ever very good. I just happen to think that he is happy not coaching. And that is not how a coach operates. They eat, think, and breath football.

IMO, if he wanted back in he would have announced it by now. I am sure someone would ****** him up if he did come back. I just don't want him here. It concerns me that he walked away and never looked back. That just isn't how coaches act. Or then again, I could be wrong. Again.

#51 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Florio throws poo on a wall and sees what falls off.

Yeah that whole "successful troll is successful" meme should have a picture of his face on it. He went from having a gossip blog for men/NFL fans to one of the top "insiders" in the media pretty fast.

maybe i'm a dumbass for thinking this but i believe he'd be another mike ditka on the saints if he returned to the NFL.

I agree with this. I don't think his heart is in coaching anymore. How many offers do u think he's turned down the past 5 years?

#52 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,078 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Bill Cowher will not be our coach. Nor should he be. The game is a lot different than it was when he coached.

Not to be the contrarian of the board here, but joe Gibbs coached his team to the playoffs after missing more time than cowher.

#53 SparkyDevil

SparkyDevil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Thanks for agreeing Sparky. After 20+ years of marriage it is nice to be argeeed with.

Don't get me wrong. At one time he was good, ever very good. I just happen to think that he is happy not coaching. And that is not how a coach operates. They eat, think, and breath football.

IMO, if he wanted back in he would have announced it by now. I am sure someone would ****** him up if he did come back. I just don't want him here. It concerns me that he walked away and never looked back. That just isn't how coaches act. Or then again, I could be wrong. Again.

Oh, you. :cool:

Yeah your last point makes a lot of sense. We rarely hear the dudes name mentioned anywhere outside of Panthers rumors. Check this one off to Florio looking for website traffic. tool.

#54 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

I ask because after winning the Super Bowl the prior year, a lot of folks felt like he "mailed it in" his final season. That doesn't say much for post Super Bowl "hunger".

That is my main concern with him. His hunger. IMO, that is not something you can just turn on and off. You either have it or you don't.

I know the Steelers collapsed in a hurry before he left. Never really thought much about it as I was never a fan. Maybe that is why he walked away. Lost his fire. Makes sense on why he has never made any overtures at returning.

#55 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Cowher is a defensive coach is he not? Does he primarily run the 3-4? We finally got out two bookends at DE, and it would be a shame to now switch over to the 3-4.

#56 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Oh, you. :cool:

Yeah your last point makes a lot of sense. We rarely hear the dudes name mentioned anywhere outside of Panthers rumors. Check this one off to Florio looking for website traffic. tool.

You are right. He has probably had a lot of offers through the years. If he hasn't returned by now, not sure he ever will.

He went from being a top notch coach to oblivion in a hurry though. Must be a reason. He is probably the only one that knows the truth. Well maybe the wife does too. But I don't think we will ever see him on the sidelines again. All I know is I don't want him here. Too many good young coaches that need the opportunity to worry about him right now.

That, and I truly believe Rivera deserves one more year to see what he can do.

#57 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Cowher is a defensive coach is he not? Does he primarily run the 3-4? We finally got out two bookends at DE, and it would be a shame to now switch over to the 3-4.

Come on now. Two good DEs do not a 3-4 make. We are building with what we have. We are not going to switch now.

And Rivera is a very good Defensive coach.

Ooops. Misread. Carry on.

#58 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

I wish we would just do something. Right now we are on pace to keep everyone, and sign maybe one free agent whom we all have probably never even heard of...i hate our conservative team..we will never win a thing probably until JR dies (honest but sad truth), because he is just to calm and slow with things

#59 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,595 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

I would take Cowher over Rivera in a heartbeat.

#60 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Cowher HC of the panthers has been my dream since he left the steelers but I doubt it will happen.

The guy probably knows the panthers fans would love to see it and is probably trolling for website hits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com