Photo
- - - - -

Football Programs and Rape

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#13 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

Jerry Richard$on and Gettledouche apologist

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Shembo yes, LeMay no,

trying to find information about lemay right now

"undisclosed violation" over and over again

#14 Bama Panther

Bama Panther

USAF JAG

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

The numbers you posted are sexual assault, not rape. Under the UCMJ, a butt slap/squeeze is considered sexual assault. Things in the military are very geared towards curbing any sexual assault now, but those numbers, especially those in the documentary The Invisible War, are vastly skewed by not stating that sexual assault does not equal rape
d

Yeah, I'll link some sources. I think the number is 40-45% of women report being raped, and those are just the ones who actually report it. The Pentagon estimates about 19,000 rapes per year, and based on that number .5% of military rapists are convicted.

I have a good friend who barely made it into the Army before being severely beaten and raped by a group of men, and now lives with pretty bad PTSD which borders on agorophobia after having grown up doing theatre.

Sources:

http://articles.cnn....ervice?_s=PM:US

http://technorati.co...ary-then-raped/

#15 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...34407--spt.html

STEUBENVILLE, Ohio (AP) — Two Ohio high school football players who were found guilty of raping a drunken 16-year-old girl have been sentenced to at least one year in juvenile jail.

Steubenville High School students Trent Mays and Ma'Lik Richmond were found guilty Sunday of attacking the girl after an alcohol-fueled party last August. The case roiled the small city and stirred reaction from activists online.

The judge sentenced them both to at least one year in juvenile jail and said both can be held until they're 21. Mays, who's 17, was sentenced to an additional year in jail on a charge of illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material, to be served after his rape sentence is completed.

Both Mays and the 16-year-old Richmond have been ordered to avoid contact with the victim until they're 21.

#16 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

1 year....huh.

Rape someone and go to juvi for a year.

That will teach em.

#17 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip