69 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,227 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

If Rivera is fired, Clayton said McCoy would be a major player.

Gee, I wonder who told him that... :unsure:

#32 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

if rivera is retained, i'm afraid the bitching has only started

and it will only continue until one of two things happen:

1) rivera gets us in the playoffs and back to back winning seasons
and
2) rivera is fired.

that's the standard i'm going to be going by, anyway.

if he's losing, i'm hating. he's got to prove he can make this team win when it counts.

#33 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

and it will only continue until one of two things happen:

1) rivera gets us in the playoffs and back to back winning seasons
and
2) rivera is fired.

that's the standard i'm going to be going by, anyway.

if he's losing, i'm hating. he's got to prove he can make this team win when it counts.

I've gone from part of the lych mob to a member of the believers. The stretch run didn't convince me because of the wins so much as the way in which everyone was playing as a whole. We looked like a team that knew what the hell we were doing over the last 6-7 games for the first time in a long while. Of course, if he stays and we start out 2-4 next year, well, he gotta go! :P

#34 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

I've gone from part of the lych mob to a member of the believers. The stretch run didn't convince me because of the wins so much as the way in which everyone was playing as a whole. We looked like a team that knew what the hell we were doing over the last 6-7 games for the first time in a long while. Of course, if he stays and we start out 2-4 next year, well, he gotta go! :P

for me to believe i've got to see them start the year the way they finished.

i had my hopes built up last year because they sure looked like they had come together. they regressed and it took them way too long to get things back together or even make an effort to do it.

i liked what i saw, but still it was just december. the season was all but over and they had no chance of the postseason or even a winning season before they made the adjustments they needed.

#35 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

for me to believe i've got to see them start the year the way they finished.

i had my hopes built up last year because they sure looked like they had come together. they regressed and it took them way too long to get things back together or even make an effort to do it.

i liked what i saw, but still it was just december. the season was all but over and they had no chance of the postseason or even a winning season before they made the adjustments they needed.

I hear you. I understand the concerns for those who want him out too. I just want to know if what I thought I saw down the stretch was a mirage or not. Personally I'm willing to see one more year because I believe what I was seeing was the real deal, but we'll find out if it was if he's given another year. I'll happily open the door, kick him in the arse on the way out and slam it if I'm wrong. I just hate to start over with a fresh staff and lose any possible momentum we may have going in the right direction.

#36 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

It's a possibility that the new GM is told that Rivera has one more year, them the new GM decides Rivera's fate. I can live with that as long as it's not Beane.

#37 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'm tired of hearing all these stupid $hit. These reporters just need to shut the hell up. And they get paid to do this $hit.

#38 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Gee, I wonder who told him that... :unsure:

Not Yas. lol

Clayton has tons of respect for McCoy and thinks he should be a HC. Actually said he deserved a HC job and a Nobel Prize for the Job he's done in Denver.

That and McCoy is the hottest name in the NFL right now and widely respected in the NFL.

#39 SparkyDevil

SparkyDevil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

I feel like nobody actually knows anything. So many reports are conflicting and just don't make sense. At this point, I can't imagine Rivera gets fired - but Gannt made a good point on the radio today saying that someone will have to take the fall. I hope that means a Chud/Norv swap out!

#40 SparkyDevil

SparkyDevil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

double post

#41 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,038 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Not Yas. lol

Clayton has tons of respect for Clayton and thinks he should be a HC. Actually said he deserved a HC job and a Nobel Prize for the Job he's done in Denver.

That and McCoy is the hottest name in the NFL right now and widely respected in the NFL.

heh

#42 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

sources?

#43 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

I hope they do decide to keep Rivera. This year they were self proclaimed champions of the world. Immature. Already thought they were great from the praise. They are going to get it next season and Rivera is going to be at the helm. Despite the awful start, game better than last year.

#44 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,002 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

I talked to someone today who would know and I got the impression that Rivera is, indeed, going to be here next season.

#45 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

I talked to someone today who would know and I got the impression that Rivera is, indeed, going to be here next season.

You talked to JR today?

Was he wearing white socks?

j/k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com