#16 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

I missed the Saints game due to a family emergency. I would love to have seen how Josh Thomas matched up vs. a quality offense. I just really didn't get excited watching him win a few battles vs unmotivated reserves on losing teams. He makes plays, I can give him credit for that. But I would be disappointed if we went into the 2013 Super Bowl Campaign with Josh Thomas as our Plan A. We are trying to make the playoffs and win the super bowl right?

What do you see negative about the kid other than not being a big name guy? Here is what I like about him, no matter who he is against he gets in their face at the LOS. Yeah sometimes they get off his jam and get behind him, but that fearlessness at the line is something that we have missed around here for a long time. I've said it in other threads, he played better than Chris Gamble ever has and that includes going against Roddy and Julio, who in my opinion are as good a combo as you will see in the NFL.

#17 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,126 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Defensive line - be able to create a ridiculous 4-man rush. Greg, Dwan and Charles know how to bring the heat, but what would really make it ridiculous is to bring in a talented guy to round out the front four. You're not going to find someone like that except in the first round, maybe second.

Secondary - you want bigger, more physical DBs here. Look at the Seahawks' nameless secondary. You can't figure out who those guys are but they will bump you off your route and are, for the most part, gigantic. Even QBs such as Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers had a tough time throwing against them. Xavier Rhodes is someone that fits that kind of mold. Forget Honey Badger, if 5'1'' corners are your bag then we can just re-sign Munnerlyn for depth at vet min who kept Drew Brees to a 53.8 rating throwing against him last Sunday.

WR - Only in favor of drafting one who is tall and productive with a high propensity for YAC

#18 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,316 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

Defensive line - be able to create a ridiculous 4-man rush. Greg, Dwan and Charles know how to bring the heat, but what would really make it ridiculous is to bring in a talented guy to round out the front four. You're not going to find someone like that except in the first round, maybe second.

Secondary - you want bigger, more physical DBs here. Look at the Seahawks' nameless secondary. You can't figure out who those guys are but they will bump you off your route and are, for the most part, gigantic. Even QBs such as Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers had a tough time throwing against them. Xavier Rhodes is someone that fits that kind of mold. Forget Honey Badger, if 5'1'' corners are your bag then we can just re-sign Munnerlyn for depth at vet min who kept Drew Brees to a 53.8 rating throwing against him last Sunday.

WR - Only in favor of drafting one who is tall and productive with a high propensity for YAC

Agree.

A tall WR? Keenan

#19 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,126 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

Agree.

A tall WR? Keenan

why not

#20 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

I'd have no problem with Allen in the first and top DT in the second, unless we can find a way to land a FA DT like Dorsey, Melton, etc.

#21 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,549 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

there is 1 1/2 person who can beat man coverage on this team. Smitty and some times Lafell. this team needs a WR to grow with its QB, so one should be brought in early.

#22 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Agree, could be some promising guys in the second as well.

#23 Lakejamescat

Lakejamescat

Help is on the Way

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

I would like to add a solid WR on offe. and a run stuffing DLineman.

#24 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,126 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

I'd have no problem with Allen in the first and top DT in the second, unless we can find a way to land a FA DT like Dorsey, Melton, etc.

or Alan Branch

#25 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,316 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

I like how Jack thinks around here

#26 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,316 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

or Alan Branch

Yup. I live Branch. He'd be my first choice

#27 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,316 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Agree, could be some promising guys in the second as well.

I hope Jesse Williams underperform on Monday night and at the combine just so we could land that big rock in the 2nd. I'd jizz over a Keenan Allen/Jesse Williams draft.

#28 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,549 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

another could be him

Posted Image

or

Posted Image

#29 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,868 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

I don't hate Josh Thomas. I just think Gamble is gone for cap reasons. That leaves Thomas, Norman, and maybe Munnerlyn. It would be nice to get a bigger faster talent in there competing with those guys.

#30 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,316 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

I don't hate Josh Thomas. I just think Gamble is gone for cap reasons. That leaves Thomas, Norman, and maybe Munnerlyn. It would be nice to get a bigger faster talent in there competing with those guys.

I like Thomas but i rather him play in the slot.*** we decides to part way with Gamble, CB is just as big an issue as OL, WR, DT. We need to draft one high or go through FA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com