85 replies to this topic

#76 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

If Kelly can turn the Browns around, then he deserves to be the highest paid coach in NFL history.... I'm a native Ohioan and can tell you that the Browns have been horrible for a long, long time.

Me too... Browns have always been number one in my heart but number 32 in the program guide. Most people dont know the history of the Browns and at one time they were great...they were great again but in Baltimore, freakin Model....Anyway, college coaches dont translate well to the NFL, just like Heisman QBs dont translate either...If you do, you're in the slim minority.... Guess we'll see on both accounts...

#77 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,257 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

We did in 2010. All we could muster was 6-10 the next year.

I give you that. By comparison though the Colts had enough foresight to hire both a new GM and Head Coach at the same time when they started over. Whereas we are..the Panthers. Let's keep Hurney another year!

#78 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,745 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Are the Panthers slowly becoming the Browns of the NFC?

not far off.

we've had as many winning seasons since '95 as the bengals, lions, rams, and redskins.

the only teams with less wins than us in that time frame are the browns, cards, and raiders.

the bills, chiefs, and jaguars have all had more winning seasons in that time frame, although the bills have only had one since 2000 and the jags have only had 2 since then.

we've gone as long as the dolphins without a winning season and the only teams to go longer without one are the rams, raiders, jaguars, browns, and bills.

not really great company we're with right now.

#79 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,745 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

I give you that. By comparison though the Colts had enough foresight to hire both a new GM and Head Coach at the same time when they started over. Whereas we are..the Panthers. Let's keep Hurney another year!

that's where we went wrong.

#80 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

there's something about Chip Kelly's face that I don't like. that dude looks ruthless. like the kind of guy you can't trust.

#81 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,367 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

that's where we went wrong.

The team is doing it again right now just reversed.

#82 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Uh

Two good WR, Two Good TEs, a young QB and a handful of vetran players and a passable defense.

Yeah i can say they do.

Not to mention this is a very emotionally charged team.

Oh boy.. You can not be serious.

Cam Newton and Luck are about the same level, I would honestly give Cam the edge.

Our running backs are way better and more proven than theirs.

Steve smith and Wayne are equals. Hilton is the only edge. I like LaFell and Murphy had been clutch a couple times.

Greg Olsen is better than their TEs. No argument. Barnidge isn't utilized enough but when he is, he catches the ball and makes a play.

Our defense is better than theirs. No doubt. The numbers don't lie.

And our offensive lines are about the same.

#83 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

It was a fait accompli that we would be sitting around with our thumbs up our asses while all the hot talent was snapped up.

#84 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,745 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Cam Newton and Luck are about the same level, I would honestly give Cam the edge.

Steve smith and Wayne are equals. Hilton is the only edge. I like LaFell and Murphy had been clutch a couple times.

Greg Olsen is better than their TEs. No argument. Barnidge isn't utilized enough but when he is, he catches the ball and makes a play.

agreed, but i think they've had an easier schedule and they are kind of running on emotion. that tends to amplify things a bit. ref: chiefs beating us and the cowboys beating the bengals this past year.

that said, last year's record was understandable considering the situation rivera fell into. this year's record is inexcusable.

#85 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • 2,034 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

QBs are about equal, yeah, I agre there.

Our running backs are more proven but have done jack poo this season (mostly due to coaching but still)

Hilton is more than just a good #2 and ap laymaker for that offense, but he's a great asset for his special teams, which is more than we can say, about, well anyone on our team. Donnie Avery has also stepped up and made plays for this offense too.

Our defensive talent is pretty comparable to thiers, we have the better LB core and DEs, but their backfield is much better.

In retrospect, their not a lot better than us, but they have players step up when needed, which is more than we can say for players on our team that aren't big names. Not to mention they are a VERY emotionally charged team.

#86 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,367 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Few of the beat guys, say kelly would've never been target in carolina because of money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.