#1 CamNewton316

CamNewton316

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Tom Sorensen ‏@tomsorensen
I'm told Jerry Richardson has yet to decide if Ron Rivera returns. They meet Saturday. Richardson, not the new GM, will make the call.

#2 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,259 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

...so let me get this straight, we've sat on this decision until now???

Not fair to Rivera or the organization, IMO.

Wonder what would make JR wait almost a week to decide? Maybe we're waiting on word from another HC candidate we have our eye on, or maybe we were waiting for our desired GM candidate to weigh in on whether or not he'd take the job with the condition that Rivera get at least one more year?

IDK, but I'm shocked to hear that JR hasn't actually made a decision yet...

#3 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Oh boy, here we go!!

#4 SparkyDevil

SparkyDevil

• ALL-PRO
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

wow kind of feel bad for Ronnie here. That is a long time to not know if you will have a job or not.

#5 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Ive been thinking long and hard, i will admit i stick by my opinion that if we beat the Saints and went 7-9 Rivera should stay, but JR taking this long shows JR is not 100% convinced Rivera will take the Panthers to the next level and in my opinion, as a football club owner, you MUST be 110% confident you have the right guy as HC, the fact JR is "agonizing" over this and hasnt yet decided just hours before meeting with him tells me JR is not confident Rivera is the guy to lead this team.

#6 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

JR making the decision is about the most disappointing thing the Panther's could have done minus keeping Beane as the GM. For the culture of this team to change, he needs to get the hell out of the way.

#7 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,049 posts

wow kind of feel bad for Ronnie here. That is a long time to not know if you will have a job or not.

While I feel bad for him in having to wait, he did kind of bring this on himself. He changed an offense that was top five in 2011. You know that old saying, don't try to fix what's not broken.

#8 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

it makes no sense to just make him wait around like that.

#9 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

...so let me get this straight, we've sat on this decision until now???

Not fair to Rivera or the organization, IMO.

Wonder what would make JR wait almost a week to decide? Maybe we're waiting on word from another HC candidate we have our eye on, or maybe we were waiting for our desired GM candidate to weigh in on whether or not he'd take the job with the condition that Rivera get at least one more year?

there is literally nothing about this situation that i feel good about.

things should be happening faster. other teams are moving and we're sitting on our asses so we'll be forced to pick from the bottom.

awesome.

#10 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

the panthers organization is jacked up.

it's almost as if everything is done at a whim's notice...no real direction or gameplan whatsoever.

"wait, what? the season's over?! rivera? ummm....uhhhh...errrr....give me a minute."

#11 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Ive been thinking long and hard, i will admit i stick by my opinion that if we beat the Saints and went 7-9 Rivera should stay, but JR taking this long shows JR is not 100% convinced Rivera will take the Panthers to the next level and in my opinion, as a football club owner, you MUST be 110% confident you have the right guy as HC, the fact JR is "agonizing" over this and hasnt yet decided just hours before meeting with him tells me JR is not confident Rivera is the guy to lead this team.

All the more reason for JR to retain him.

#12 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,259 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

This is totally hypothetical, but given the Cowher rumors maybe JR is stalling while he waits for a decision from Cowher?

He may have given Cowher a deadline of midnight tonight to accept the job.

#13 SparkyDevil

SparkyDevil

• ALL-PRO
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

While I feel bad for him in having to wait, he did kind of bring this on himself. He changed an offense that was top five in 2011. You know that old saying, don't try to fix what's not broken.

Yeah, I see your point, but I wonder if that really is just a Chud thing. Rivera has allllways been a defense first coach. I wonder if he just handed the keys to Chud and told him to drive the offense. Not an excuse, because as a head coach you need to control the ENTIRE team, not just your favorite parts. Our offense cost us at least 3 games this year.

#14 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

"Richardson is believed to willing to keep Rivera if he will come back at a reduced salary"

j/k

#15 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

All you guys overreacting are funny as hell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users