• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,221 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

Anyone else got around to seeing it yet? I watched it a couple of days ago and I liked it. Thought it was pretty good.

#2 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

saw it tonight actually. it was watchable and not bad. typical QT with a wild, off the wall sh!t that seems minor and pointless but actually helps the movie. I thought the best scene was the scene when they are discussing the KKK masks lol. Samuel L Jackson also made me LOFL in the film.

One of the most vulgar, violent, and borderline offensive movies I'm seen in a while. There were a couple of times my GF closed her eyes while watching. Def not a chick flick lol.

I guess it was worth the $25 to see it in the theatre but I thought it was vastly overrated and wouldn't see it again in the theatre.

Tarrantino is one of those guys who can basically throw a bunch of stupid sh1t on film and as long as he adds in his own weird quirky influence and get a break out/strong performance from an actor...the critics and morons will rave about what a masterpiece of cinema it is. LOL.

Like I said it isn't bad but very overrated. Inglorious Bastards was much better. I'd put Django slightly above Jackie Brown and Kill Bill.

Terrible sound track BTW. Rick Ross? and a butchered Tupac segment that made zero sense? C'mon man

#3 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,834 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

I actually absolutely loved it, and it has already found its way into the category of my all time favorite movies.

It's the most fun I've ever had while watching a movie. I was so entertained and hyped up during it, it was pretty crazy. Funny, violent, smart. I think it was Quentin's best yet, call me crazy. Although the whole ending sequence was over the top, it wasn't enough to ruin the entire movie for me.

Also, Christoph Waltz. Brilliant.

#4 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 25,016 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

I thought it was great. Def not a sylvianlight or a Mr. Touchdown kinda movie.

#5 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

And you wonder why peoples minds are so corrupted that they obtain high capacity weapons and decide it might be fun to kill a bunch of people.

#6 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 25,016 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

If you go out and shoot up a bunch of people because of a movie you should probably kill yourself.

#7 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,210 posts
  • LocationRichardson's toilet

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

More likely to get the idea from the news than from a movie.

#8 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,131 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

absolutely magnificent

#9 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,545 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

not seen it yet but will. i did think Inglorious was fantastic. Waltz totally deserved his Oscar and the dialogue in that film was top notch.

#10 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

The Dentist aka Waltz was amazing, Don Johnson was hilarious, DiCaprio surprised the hell outta me with his performance, and I actually thought the soundtrack was oddly fitting haha. When Rick Ross just started playing I was like wtf? then like: this is f*cking awesome

Right up there with Kill Bill for me. Waltz's character was one of the better one's QT has ever written imo

#11 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,953 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Haven't seen it but definitely want to... Always a hit with me when some slave masters get shot.

#12 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

movie was so awesome

#13 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,210 posts
  • LocationRichardson's toilet

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Great movie but I still think Inglorious Basterds was better. And yes the soundtrack was a little off for me. Jamie Foxx was such a badass! I didn't even recognize Samel L. Jackson in the first shot.

#14 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,793 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Great movie but I still think Inglorious Basterds was better. And yes the soundtrack was a little off for me. Jamie Foxx was such a badass! I didn't even recognize Samel L. Jackson in the first shot.

I agree about Inglorious...this was still awesome. It's pretty damn hard to rate Tarrantino's movies imo

#15 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,851 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

25.00?

Ill hit the matinee for 4.5 per.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com