Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Django Unchained

77 posts in this topic

Posted

Great movie but I still think Inglorious Basterds was better. And yes the soundtrack was a little off for me. Jamie Foxx was such a badass! I didn't even recognize Samel L. Jackson in the first shot.

1 person likes this

Posted

Great movie but I still think Inglorious Basterds was better. And yes the soundtrack was a little off for me. Jamie Foxx was such a badass! I didn't even recognize Samel L. Jackson in the first shot.

I agree about Inglorious...this was still awesome. It's pretty damn hard to rate Tarrantino's movies imo

Posted

25.00?

Ill hit the matinee for 4.5 per.

Posted

Yep it's legit. Downloaded the soundtrack too.

e: also I am embarrassed to admit I haven't seen Basterds yet :/

Guess I need to asap

Posted

I know a lot of people liked Inglorious Bastards but it's not my favorite Tarantino flick.

Posted

Saw it tonight and loved it. There were funny scenes, great action scenes, great characters, moments I almost couldn't handle, and I never even looked at my phone wondering when the movie would end...a feat for a nearly 3 hour long movie. Rare for me that a great movie is also fun, but Django was just that IMO.

Posted

25.00?

Ill hit the matinee for 4.5 per.

I paid 9 lol

Posted

Fun fact: Broomhildas full name is Broomhilda von shaft becasue Tarantino has said Broomhilda and Django are the great-great-great grandparents of John Shaft. lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

i watched it in jackson, mississippi, so my viewing experience wasn't the most pleasant.

the movie, however, was def. entertaining. i had watched 'lincoln' the day before [nothing to do in jackson, ms], and it was nice to see the contrast in the depiction of slavery.

great article to read here.

Posted

i watched it in jackson, mississippi, so my viewing experience wasn't the most pleasant.

the movie, however, was def. entertaining. i had watched 'lincoln' the day before [nothing to do in jackson, ms], and it was nice to see the contrast in the depiction of slavery.

great article to read here.

I'd love to hear a crowd report from ya haha

Posted

I'd love to hear a crowd report from ya haha

multiple phones ringing throughout.

every time a white person was killed or made fun of, there was a bunch of cheers.

every time a white person killed or made fun of a black person, there were moans, groans, and dissing white people in general.

one girl even yelled out "jackson state! woot woot!" during the middle of the movie.

there was a uniformed police officer standing outside the door, and not because of the batman tragedy.

it added to the humor of it all, though. the crowd seemed to transform an overly grotesque, slapstick drama into a theatre of the absurd [double entendre, for ya].

2 people like this

Posted

viewing violence breeds violence - no doubt in my mind there is a connection