Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marc Ross' drafting history

37 posts in this topic

Posted

People expect so much out of the draft, it's hilarious.

True but when was the last time has a big time FA turned a team from pretenders to contender. Tampa was the darlings of the NFL during the off season and although they swept us their record was the same as ours.

Posted

I think the one thing to gather from this is that it's really hard to draft. You could basically build an 8-8 team through the draft. The more time goes by the better and more accurate scouting gets, and it's becoming increasingly hard to find players with potential in the later rounds.

Also we have a tendency to overrate our own first rounders. Kenny Phillips a bust? Okay. But if he were our pick most everybody would be taking about how he was another home run for Hurney.

Posted

Hmmphhh, as GM of the Giants in last years Hudde Draft I had a much better draft class. B)

Posted

I had been thinking the same thoughts about him being a boss evaluator. He picked Amukamara and Austin who blow. His entire 2011 draft is basically useless. So he's getting praise for signing 1 UDFA and picking Nicks and JPP in the first round. Hello JPP is a freak, not that hard to evaluate a freak. Honestly his drafts look worse than Hurney drafts. I guess if we need a WR he will pick a baller.

Posted

Chad Jones got horribly injured in a Car Crash and was never the same, can't fault Ross for that

2 people like this

Posted

JPP was ridiculously raw coming out of school.

Posted

Hurney was a good GM for the most part. His downfall was the free agent aspect of the job. A lot of Marc Ross is just hype. I'm sure there are several candidates that can do just as good as a job for us than Ross

Posted

Solid work bro.

I thought he had everything to do with that front 7... But now I won't be upset at all after seeing that.

In fact, get Hurney back in here to fix this pile of poo he has us in with the cap

BTW you negged the OP, pretty sure that was in error.

Posted

I had been thinking the same thoughts about him being a boss evaluator. He picked Amukamara and Austin who blow. His entire 2011 draft is basically useless. So he's getting praise for signing 1 UDFA and picking Nicks and JPP in the first round. Hello JPP is a freak, not that hard to evaluate a freak. Honestly his drafts look worse than Hurney drafts. I guess if we need a WR he will pick a baller.

He didn't pick anyone, without some inside knowledge you really do not know who he wanted in these past drafts.

Posted

curious to see a list of gettleman acquisitions. he spent years doing college scouting before moving to pro personnel and he's worked with a lot of successful teams.

Posted

Hurney was a good GM for the most part. His downfall was the free agent aspect of the job. A lot of Marc Ross is just hype. I'm sure there are several candidates that can do just as good as a job for us than Ross

I'd say his downfall was handicapping the franchise by investing in an uber Foxball roster and hiring a non Foxball coaching staff coupled with a dynamic QB

Posted

curious to see a list of gettleman acquisitions. he spent years doing college scouting before moving to pro personnel and he's worked with a lot of successful teams.

He has been part of 13 playoff teams, 6 Superbowl teams and 3 Superbowl winners in 25 years.

Just to add a little info, over 17 years the Panthers have seen 4 playoff teams and 1 Superbowl appearance.