#16 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

I had been thinking the same thoughts about him being a boss evaluator. He picked Amukamara and Austin who blow. His entire 2011 draft is basically useless. So he's getting praise for signing 1 UDFA and picking Nicks and JPP in the first round. Hello JPP is a freak, not that hard to evaluate a freak. Honestly his drafts look worse than Hurney drafts. I guess if we need a WR he will pick a baller.

#17 DOMOMAN

DOMOMAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

Chad Jones got horribly injured in a Car Crash and was never the same, can't fault Ross for that

#18 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,577 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

JPP was ridiculously raw coming out of school.

#19 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Hurney was a good GM for the most part. His downfall was the free agent aspect of the job. A lot of Marc Ross is just hype. I'm sure there are several candidates that can do just as good as a job for us than Ross

#20 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Solid work bro.

I thought he had everything to do with that front 7... But now I won't be upset at all after seeing that.

In fact, get Hurney back in here to fix this pile of poo he has us in with the cap

BTW you negged the OP, pretty sure that was in error.

#21 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

I had been thinking the same thoughts about him being a boss evaluator. He picked Amukamara and Austin who blow. His entire 2011 draft is basically useless. So he's getting praise for signing 1 UDFA and picking Nicks and JPP in the first round. Hello JPP is a freak, not that hard to evaluate a freak. Honestly his drafts look worse than Hurney drafts. I guess if we need a WR he will pick a baller.

He didn't pick anyone, without some inside knowledge you really do not know who he wanted in these past drafts.

#22 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

curious to see a list of gettleman acquisitions. he spent years doing college scouting before moving to pro personnel and he's worked with a lot of successful teams.

#23 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,874 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Hurney was a good GM for the most part. His downfall was the free agent aspect of the job. A lot of Marc Ross is just hype. I'm sure there are several candidates that can do just as good as a job for us than Ross

I'd say his downfall was handicapping the franchise by investing in an uber Foxball roster and hiring a non Foxball coaching staff coupled with a dynamic QB

#24 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

curious to see a list of gettleman acquisitions. he spent years doing college scouting before moving to pro personnel and he's worked with a lot of successful teams.

He has been part of 13 playoff teams, 6 Superbowl teams and 3 Superbowl winners in 25 years.

Just to add a little info, over 17 years the Panthers have seen 4 playoff teams and 1 Superbowl appearance.

#25 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

That's the giants drafting history, not marc ross drafting history. The conclusions some of you are trying to draw from that data are astounding.

#26 Verge

Verge

Huddle Troll Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Giants: David Wilson, Prince Amukamara, JPP, Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Philips, Terrel Brown, Victor Cruz

Vs

Luke Kuechly, Amini Silatolu, Cam Newton, Brandon Lafell, Greg Hardy, David Gettis, Captain Munnerlyn, Sherod Martin

#27 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Not sure what you're trying to prove, but it failed. The Giants' draft looks, position wise, looks just like what we need. Solidify the line, and then draft S/CB/WR/DL early and often.

Compare how many times Hurney took a LB/RB early to how many times the Giants did.

Then compare our cap situation and theirs.

Then compare how many superbowls they have.

Being a GM isn't just drafting. You have to have a fuging vision and plan for eventual departures. Not just hand out giant (pun not intended) contracts to redundant players.

#28 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,076 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

NYG has been good but its not anything eye popping. The only big one that everyone is hyping Marc Ross out to be is the JPP pick. Other than that, his draft is like every other team's draft. People just want someone from a big market and thats why Ross is getting a lot of attention on here.

Seattle have been killing the draft recently all over the place. If we were just looking at draft history, why Ross? Why not Seattle John Idzik or Fitterer? Just making a point.

#29 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,347 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

1. Prince Amukamara is not a bust. He's been injured a lot but he's been there best corner this year, though Webster has been terrible for the most part.

2. Other than seeing the type of players the Giants draft early, this gives no indication as to whether the majority picks have to do with Ross or not.

#30 panthernation23

panthernation23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

keep in mind, the giants draft positions are always way way farther back then ours. And i would say alot of those picks are very good considering the draft position the giants are always in

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.