19 replies to this topic

#1 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

There might come a time where we have to choose....who do we choose?

#2 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

CJ at this point. More consistant and stable to date

#3 Real Emotional Trash

Real Emotional Trash

I

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

The one who doesn't cost too much. :/

#4 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

DE isn't RB. You can spend money there....or you should pending you haven't handicapped yourself

#5 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

BOTH. Cut anybody thats gonna stand in the way of that except Cam and Keek.

#6 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

The Panthers pass rush almost covered up the fact that we started Captain Midget (who was one of the most torched CBs in the NFL in 2011) and some no name Rookie not expected to play (take your pick) all last season at Corner. The value in that cannot be overstated.

#7 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

BOTH. Cut anybody thats gonna stand in the way of that except Cam and Keek.

Pretty much this.

Those four guys are the cornerstones of this team. Smitty too of course but he is already retiring a panther.

#8 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

The Panthers pass rush almost covered up the fact that we started Captain Midget (who was one of the most torched CBs in the NFL in 2011) and some no name Rookie not expected to play (take your pick) all last season at Corner. The value in that cannot be overstated.

Captain was actually one of the top slot CBs in the NFL this year.

Not exactly Capts fault we asked too much of him in 2011

#9 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Pretty much this.

Those four guys are the cornerstones of this team. Smitty too of course but he is already retiring a panther.

Smitty was a cornerstone....of a different era. Going forward? He won't be Newton's go to guy like he was for Delhomme (just isn't enough time left )

#10 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

I know Smitty is coming towards the end, but I just couldn't through his name under the cut list. And he needs to be constantly remembered for what he did for us even when he's long gone.

But I think this will be the year we find Cams future #1 WR. There are some guys with superstar potential in the draft this year and I hope we can take a chance with one of them.

#11 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

I know Smitty is coming towards the end, but I just couldn't through his name under the cut list. And he needs to be constantly remembered for what he did for us even when he's long gone.

But I think this will be the year we find Cams future #1 WR. There are some guys with superstar potential in the draft this year and I hope we can take a chance with one of them.

I am not saying cut him....he just isn't a cornerstone piece going forward. Those are like Luke, Cam, etc. Smitty was a cornerstone of a prior era.

Smitty no longer is the most important piece to build around nor keep happy

#12 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

if we have to choose between the two of them we're doing it wrong...which is actually to be expected.

no way should we mess up that duo. build around those two and keek. that, in itself, will help give this team a good defense. those three make it easier on everyone else.

#13 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

oh my god we have the most lily livered fans in the entire world.

talent and production be damned, it costs too much.

#14 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,461 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

The only reason we would get rid of Johnson would be if his production didn't warrant a 13-16 million dollar cap hit over the next 3 seasons. He is expensive but he was a force this year. If he continues to do that, we will figure out a way to keep him. Hardy has one more year to show me what he can do. He is playing for his second contract which should be a big one if he is as productive next year as he was this year. We obviously have to fit things under the cap so paying them each big bucks will cost you in other areas. You have to have a stream of successful guys who are still on their rookie contract to fill in the gaps. You can have stars at every position and fit under the 120 million cap.

#15 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

I like Hardy, but if he thinks we are going to pay him huge money then I think he is sorly mistaken. We can get along with out him. When the time comes, I think we will offer him a fair deal, and if he doesn't take it, eff him.

Time to see who wants to be along for the ride. Hurney made STUPID deals with players. I think that our new GM needs to come in and clean that up, including restructuring contracts, letting players walk, and set us up for the future. CJ money was crazy, DWill money was insane, even JStew was a bit too much.

You also see way too much talent coming out of college these days. Being able to draft young players under the new CBA makes it possible to not have to pay out the azz for players who may or may not succeed. So when the time comes for Hardy to walk or stay, I really don't care. He isn't going to get paid. He will get a fair shake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.