Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Voth: Rivera is Staying

234 posts in this topic

Posted

holy poo if we hire beane

Posted

Said it before and will say it again.

I seriously doubt that Ernie Accorsi did all his work just for us to wind up with a logistics guy.

1 person likes this

Posted

As much as I wanted Rivera gone, I understand the decision. Hell, if I were a coach, I would want 3 years to implement my plan. Next year will remove all doubts and answer all the questions. The new GM will probably be told that he will either have a successfull Rivera or he gets to pick his own guy for 2014.

I guess we are risking another wasted season instead of a total reboot. We can always reboot in 2014 if need be. I think JR is thinking more long term than knee jerk (like most successful businessmen do,) rather than immediately handing they keys to the kingdom to an unproven college coach.

Posted

Hopefully the GM is a REAL GM, and not Brandon fuging Beane.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's happening, smh. Wtf? GM interviews next week? Once again, slow to the show JR

Posted

Will Brinson@willbrinson

@evansilva My hunch says if Rivera is staying they go with Beane, promote from within.

View conversation

No GM would come here if they can't find a suitable replacement, perhaps?

Richardson wants to do Rivera a "solid" by giving him a third year, but is putting the nail in the coffin on his career by pairing him with Beane.

This organization is a laughing stock.

1 person likes this

Posted

If Beane gets promoted to GM, I have no hope for the future.

seconded.

hiring beane full time shows that this team is not serious about creating a winning culture. it's admitting that there's nothing wrong with the way things have been going on.

no chance that beane is the best prospect.

hopefully rivera has been told it's playoffs or bust because there's no way he should stay if he produces another non-winning season.

2 people like this

Posted

Beane is going to be the GM.

Accept it.

Beane or Gettlemen. Both are prob willing to go with status quo and not ruffle any feathers. Beane especially.

Posted

No GM would come here if they can't find a suitable replacement, perhaps?

Richardson wants to do Rivera a "solid" by giving him a third year, but is putting the nail in the coffin on his career by pairing him with Beane.

This organization is a laughing stock.

hiring beane would be putting a nail in the franchises coffin. you do that and the losing culture remains. it's an acceptance of the status quo.

3 people like this