Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Voth: Rivera is Staying

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#121 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,262 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Said it before and will say it again.

I seriously doubt that Ernie Accorsi did all his work just for us to wind up with a logistics guy.

And if he did, I'd hope Accorsi would put you guys on blast if he thought that were the case.

#122 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

make me.

i can't honestly believe so many just accept or even defend a losing status quo.

"if you don't love our losing team, go find some other team"

meh....

Which coach do you see there that is worth getting? Mccoy? haha

#123 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

If you guys want to complain about the 13 losing seasons, that's fine. But some of you didn't sit through all of those games and Ron Rivera only coached 2 losing seasons.

#124 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,536 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Heard Rivera was retained..
Posted Image

#125 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Thanks for adding more ideas for threads we will see now that Rivera is returning. Nothing I like better than months of bitching about the team in the offseason most of the time about issues that may or may not turn out to be an issue. Like how the defense was going to suck and how the DT position was our biggest weakness. Or the Beason is going to be 100% and a beast this year threads.

But it gives the half empty guys something to worry about in the off season and fills up the message board. I am sure Zod appreciates it.

#126 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,918 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

And if he did, I'd hope Accorsi would put you guys on blast if he thought that were the case.

It's been said many a time that Jerry Richardson has a load of respect for Ernie Accorsi.

That's one reason why I have a really hard time believing the notion that Jerry would just ignore his recommendations.

#127 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,394 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

built a top 10 defense playing cupcakes. panthers are a joke. newton will be gone when his contract is up... lol

Atl is the #1 seed in the NFC playing cupcakes.

There aren't that many teams in the NFL. Every accomplishment is built off of the non elite teams in the NFL. Trying to discredit it IMO is silly

His D was fine was he got gimpy Beason off the dang field and put in one of the best MLB prospects to come along in a decade

#128 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

You guys don't know if Beane is the right choice or not

We're not in the organization. We don't know

#129 Newtons2ndLaw

Newtons2ndLaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Can anyone name any new HCs that were not successful their first 2 seasons and turned it around? I just don't understand. In this day and age, only veteran HCs should get this level of commitment to right the ship, given their experience. These days rookie coaches are stepping up and winning out the gate, so why settle for less and more of the same that hasn't worked in the last 12 years? This has fail written all over it.

#130 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

isnt next year newton's last year on his contract dude is gonna run out of here like hes going for 70 yard td.. lol

probably go to a big market.

#131 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

hey, you're the chump telling people what to do. you don't like someone doing it to you? quit doing it yourself. it's that easy.

you got no right to tell people how to root for their team anymore than i do telling you to quit having such low standards and expectations for "your team".

Did you type something? I don't see anything in your reply. Anyway, have great day!

#132 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,738 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Rivera was good when he got a fire lit under his ass. It will still be lit game 1 of next year. Happy Rivera got the Job.

Maybe if we hire beane he will be Rivera's Puppet. Rivera pretty much makes personel decisions, and if he fails, he along with beane will be out.

#133 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Terrible decision. I hate it even more because the decision was made with no GM in place. Hey Richardson, have you not figured out by now that you don't know how to build a winning team? Maybe you should let someone that actually knows WTF they are doing make these critical decisions, huh?

I think this really hurts us in the GM search as well. What GM worth a damn is really going to want to come to a situation where he has Ron fuggin Rivera forced on him? We already have a brutal cap situation and play in a tough division, this is just one more strike against us. At least we have Cam otherwise these GM candidates probably wouldn't even return our calls.

Yep. We likely eliminated any top tier candidates once we made it known that the owner will be making decisions on his staff. Especially when you're talking an owner not known for making good decisions.

So we'll probably narrow it down to Cleveland's Director of Player Hydration and Brandon Beane in about 2 or 3 weeks and make our decision.

#134 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Which coach do you see there that is worth getting? Mccoy? haha

oh lawdy no. hiring him would have made me jump ship and i'm not kidding around there.

i want to know what is expected from rivera. i want to know that his job is on the line if he doesn't deliver again. i want to know that losing will no longer be tolerated or excused in this team.

i want this team to commit itself to winning. so far i haven't seen that. it seems more intent on just being comfortable. i had my hopes up when we moved on from fox, got rid of jake, and drafted cam.

the crap i'm hearing, tho, doesn't give me any confidence in the team's being committed to winning. it seems more they are just happy being happy together than winning.

we don't have a winning culture. i don't see that changing. i'm just not happy with that.

#135 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

With two years of HC experience, I think Rivera will lead us to a winning record next year. Is there a cut off point of Rivera haters whether he stays or goes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com