Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera is staying: Fix the Panthers

47 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So NFL Network says the Panthers just announced that Ron Rivera is staying.

What needs to happen on his assistant coaching staff to turn things around?

McDermott, I'm good with staying, the D has plenty of blue sky going forward.

Chud on the other hand must go. The offense the first ten plus games of this season is simply unforgivable.
I hope Ron is on the phone with prospective OCs as we speak.

Thoughts?

Posted · Report post

I hope you're right, but fear you're wrong.

In the same vein, I'm hoping for Gettleman, but fearing it's going to be Beane.

Posted · Report post

Chud should go I agree and I hope JR made that clear to Rivera and made the decision for him.

Posted · Report post

First choice would be Ken Whzenhunt, OC/Assistant HC.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

There are changes I'd like to see on staff (special teams coach, OL coach) but I'm not expecting anything.

Still believe Gettleman winds up GM.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't shed a tear if Chud was let go, but I don't think there's any way that happens. I just hope Rivera keeps him on a short lease next year.

Posted · Report post

"Panthers PR spokesman Charlie Dayton has said Ron Rivera is staying and preparing for next season."

Posted · Report post

i hate that this has been declared and a GM didn't do it.

Posted · Report post

Gettleman or Ross at GM, and Norv Turner at OC or anywhere on the Offensive staff and we'll see a brighter future. If not, Rivera will be fire by week 5 of the new season.

We better[size=6] HIT[/size] big on our no.1 pick again. Hurney left us with Cam and Luke, we better hit another straight year. Rivera and GM better learn how to use the FA quickly also.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot' timestamp='1357408331' post='2078351']
There are changes I'd like to see on staff (special teams coach, OL coach) but I'm not expecting anything.

[/quote]

I'd be on board with Gettlemen.
I hope the first thing that happens is Gettlemen and Rivera are locked in a room together for a week.
There seemed to be a disconnect between what Hurney put on the roster and how Rivera or more precisely Chud utilized that talent.
We cant afford not to have a focused, common goal and a belief how to achieve it moving forward.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'd almost bet Accorsi has had conversations with all the GM candidates to be sure they would be okay with RR staying.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

everyone in the organization is happy and content as is. why change?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ickmule' timestamp='1357408604' post='2078379']
I'd almost bet Accorsi has had conversations with all the GM candidates to be sure they would be okay with RR staying.
[/quote]

Ofcourse Beane would be okay with Rivera staying

Posted · Report post

Firing Chud means he needs someone from the Norv tree.

Oh what a tick....Norv is available. Also fixes the admitted mistake Rivera made about not having a former HC on staff.

If Richardson is serious about winning. Rivera, Norv, McD.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo why god whyyyyyyyyy

Posted · Report post

[/quote]
I expect a ST move. Hope for Norv at OC but am just dreaming.

Posted · Report post

i don't think chud will be let go but will be encouraged to look elsewhere if he chooses, i think Norv gets hired as the Ast Head Coach & maybe replaces Shula. if Chud leaves then Shula stays & Norv is also OC

Posted · Report post

Dave Toub would likely be the best choice at ST if he's available,. Other than that, Bobby April (assuming he doesn't join Andy Reid in KC).

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

I think the o line coach deserves a medal for the line doing as well as they did with what was available - you realize we ended the year with a back up backup center?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot' timestamp='1357409165' post='2078420']
Dave Toub would likely be the best choice at ST if he's available,. Other than that, Bobby April (assuming he doesn't join Andy Reid in KC).
[/quote]
i hope that happens.

at this point, tho, i don't see any changes.

until something positive happens i'm expecting nothing more than the status quo.

Posted · Report post

As far as the GM hire goes, I think you all, like I did, should voice your opinions on the Panthers facebook page. at least let them know you won't settle for Beane Magic

Posted · Report post

Funny how the thinking was exactly opposite last year. Chud was awesome and McDermott sucked. We focused on the defense last year and fixed it. Now the offense is broken and McDermott is great. Maybe the solution is focus on the offense and fix it and Chud would be fine going forward. He is the same guy he was last year only hopefully much wiser.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1357408838' post='2078392']
Firing Chud means he needs someone from the Norv tree.

Oh what a tick....Norv is available. Also fixes the admitted mistake Rivera made about not having a former HC on staff.

If Richardson is serious about winning. Rivera, Norv, McD.
[/quote]

I'd be OK with Norv but prefer Whizenhunt.

Any one see any tweets from the PLayers and their reactions to Rivera staying?

Posted · Report post

Interesting.

Jonathan Jones says on his Twitter that staff shakeup [b][i]is[/i][/b] a possibility.

If so, you could guess it'd be on offense or ST. Not much reason to change the defensive staff.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot' timestamp='1357411699' post='2078607']
Interesting.

Jonathan Jones says on his Twitter that staff shakeup [b][i]is[/i][/b] a possibility.

If so, you could guess it'd be on offense or ST. Not much reason to change the defensive staff.
[/quote]for me to have any faith in this team going forward, there would have to be.

someone has to be held accountable. changes have to be made because i can't believe that this team is fine with the status quo.
1 person likes this