Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

With Rivera staying do we bring in Norv?

34 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Rivera has stated that one of his biggest regrets when assembling a staff was not having a former head coach on it... norv turner has stated that he wants to go somewhere where there is familiarity, with people he knows. this is pure speculation and dot connecting. any chance we get:

Norv Turner:

[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/833/825/hi-res-158028076_crop_650x440.jpg?1355760590[/img]
then if nobody wants him as an OC, which he may have a shot, but we could move Chud to TE coach... Now i like Chud, but he out thinks himself.. Norv will throw the ball, but he also sticks to the run and is a very good play caller. Wouldn't be a tough change for cam with their concepts being the same except for i doubt norv falls in love with the read option and runs it 20+ times a game until were out of the playoffs

Posted · Report post

Nobody can tell you yes or no right now. I would like it to happen, but don't expect it to.

One way or another I think Ron Rivera has a massive need for some experience backing him. There's nobody associated with the Panthers with NFL HC experience.

Posted · Report post

Wouldn't bet on it, honestly.

Posted · Report post

Im not sure we bring in Norv, possible but at this point its too early

Posted · Report post

Chud loves himself and isn't going backwards. Either he will be OC here or go elsewhere to fill out the staffs of one of the new coaches being hired. If you bring in Norv then Chud is gone.

Posted · Report post

I am fine with Chud. You guys are so fickle.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I would love for this to happen, but I'm not expecting it either.

Posted · Report post

Too much Money for an assistant on a cheaply paid staff. If Chud is let go it would be a up and comer from the college ranks with similar offensive philosophies.

Posted · Report post

Nope. Too expensive.

Edit: What the guy above me said.

Posted · Report post

I think Chud can be fine if he limits the read option and focuses slightly more on running in key situations (red zone anybody)?

Posted · Report post

Maybe, as an assistant head coach.

Posted · Report post

It would be nice but highly unlikely. If Chud stays hopefully he can manage his tendency to derp it up next season.