Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

With Rivera staying do we bring in Norv?

34 posts in this topic

Posted

That's just being a good businessman

Posted

Chud's issues are more than just overusing the read option early this year.....

He too often doesn't understand when to run vs pass. He was bad in that department the first half of both his seasons here.

True. I can't count the number of times we were inside the five yd. line and he called 3 short passes (not Cam's strength) in a row while DWill, Stew and Tolbert gathered dust.

Posted

My thinking with Chud stems from the way the D played last year. The O had to score a million points for us to win. So he spent the offseason devising ways to score two million points.

When the D started playing well, Chud starting calling less goofy plays. He didn't have to cover for the D anymore so he dialed it down a notch or twelve.

When we became a more balanced team, Chud called a more balanced offense. That, and Cam going on a tear.

This year Chud doesn't have to outthink himself. He can concentrate on a well balanced offense. Or at least that is my hope.

Posted

I hope so, I am on record for saying that Rivera needs a 3rd year ( outside of being hype that Kelly would be our replacement ) and Chud needs to go. Norv is a great offensive mind and ALL of his QBs would take a bullet for him, hes that kind of offensive coach. He has the ability to take Cam to the elite passer level.

Posted

For the OP, I think you are overstating Rivera's comments regarding having more experience on his staff. He was asked during a press conference if he regretted not having a more experienced coach on his staff, and he replied along the lines of "yeah, in hindsight that might have been appropriate" (paraphrasing).

I don't believe he ever said it was his greatest regret.

Posted

Nobody can tell you yes or no right now. I would like it to happen, but don't expect it to.

One way or another I think Ron Rivera has a massive need for some experience backing him. There's nobody associated with the Panthers with NFL HC experience.

Absolutely, the best thing that could happen to the Panthers (Well now that Rivera is retained) is to announce ken Whizenhunt or Norv Turner as Offensive Coach/Assistant Head Coach.

1 person likes this

Posted

It would actually be a good thing for this franchise, so it won't happen.

Posted

Inb4 Rivera is fired mid season and Norv takes over as HC

1 person likes this

Posted

Ron re-affirmed..

Brandon Bene GM..

Norv Turner OC..

And the Crapolla Trifecta is ON!!!'

Posted

Maybe Rivera should look at Chris Ault as an OC

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/success-pistol-formation-chris-ault-name-added-list-143833514--nfl.html