Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Told ya

57 posts in this topic

Posted

JOAT, did your source seem to imply that he was safe for the rest of his contract, or if there was some stipulation that rivera has to win?

i just don't know how serious the team is about winning.

That's all I know.

I don't like losing either, but I think a little patience is prudent.

2 people like this

Posted

I could care less what anyone says about Ron Rivera. I believe he deserves ONE more chance. I have now seen it all on this forum now. lol

Posted

Can't wait to be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs at the halfway point of the season... again. The Panthers can never get over the hump because we're way too eager to accept mediocrity.

There are no amazing coaches out there that would instantly make us better. Ron has proven that he's a pretty decent coach so it's worth it to keep him one more year and not have to go through a regime change where for all we know the guy could be worse than Ron.

Posted

As soon as we start winning, everyone will shut they pie holes. Classic huddle. Classic.

2 people like this

Posted

As soon as we start winning, everyone will shut they pie holes. Classic huddle. Classic.

Yet I suspect you will still find something to babble about if we continue to lose.

Posted

Yet I suspect you will still find something to babble about if we continue to lose.

Actually, I do, whether we win or lose, there's always something to talk about. Bad or good. But it seems people focus on the bad most of the time and cling on to it like a rabid pitbull and won't let go. Denying them the ability to see the good things on the team.

Haven't you noticed the huddlers that love to bash the team only come out and say things when the team is doing bad? Yet they don't praise any accomplishments, even if they are small. Eh, must be hard to be bitter like that all the time. Personally I can't wait to start winning so they shut the fug up.

3 people like this

Posted

That's all I know.

I don't like losing either, but I think a little patience is prudent.

more like a lot of patience and at this point, unfortunately, we don't have much choice.
1 person likes this

Posted

I have no source and yet I knew he would be retained

Posted

same ol same ol. Not that I mind that rivera is staying, but it seems so easy to predict what this franchise (by this franchise I mean Jerry Richardson) will do before they do it. Cant wait to see which puppet GM is going to be hired.

I know right! It sucks so bad having an owner that actually stands by his word!

Woe is us!

Posted

I’m ok with Ron coming back as long as there is the caveat of "playoffs or you’re out" type of thing. Ron was not ready to be a head coach yet but he is learning and with the threat of being fired he may make the leap to being a good coach. What really concerns me is the GM spot, Hurney has left the team in bad shape and it will take a very good GM to get us out of it. What gets me is that most on here saw the problem with what Hurney was doing and yet he was allowed to continue, what was JR thinking, it boggles the mind.

Posted

I know right! It sucks so bad having an owner that actually stands by his word!

Woe is us!

i wish he would keep his commitment to his fans to put together a winning team.

seems he's more loyal to his organization than those that support it.

1 person likes this

Posted

The big loser in all this? Cam Newton. Gets to waste more of his career on a pathetic franchise ran by amateurs. We already got to watch Steve Smith waste his career here wondering about "what if" he was on a more competent team, now we get to do the same with Cam.

I agree with this, but I dont think Cam locks himself into to this franchise if things remain the same (unlike Smitty). Unlike our owner, Cam cares about his legacy in regards to WINNING. He has goals and expectations he'd like to meet on the field and isnt solely caught up in money.