Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If You Say These Things You Should Be Slapped

92 posts in this topic

Posted

If you say these things:

"This team isn't serious about winning."

Or

"JR doesn't care, he just wants to make money."

Or

"We have a culture of mediocrity."

Then you should be slapped upside the head with the thickest slab you can find.

1.) If this team doesn't care about winning, then why are we 7-9 and not 4-12 like all the other teams that dicked around after falling behind early? This team fought back from an early deficit to a division rival that had embarrassed us last year and stuck it to them in their own dome while ensuring they will be known as the worst defense of all time. We trash talked the NFC leading Falcons and then backed it up. Thomas Davis fought through three surgeries just to make it back on the field for us, Charles Johnson backed up his big money with stellar play, and the Kraken turned into a monster. Cam Newton broke out if his early struggles and the entire team stuck together. THEY CARE ABOUT WINNING.

2) It infuriates me to see people ripping on the man who fought tooth and nail to bring the Panthers to life, and did so with by far the least amount of handouts from the local government of any NFL owner. Next time you want to think JR is just in it for the money remember that Mike Brown basically forced Cincinatti to subsidize his team, has the NFL's cheapest and smallest staff, and isn't the slightest but concerned of that team's long history of blackouts.

JR, on the other hand, for good or ill, has paid his players top dollar, paid Fox as a top five coach in his tenure, and finally canned one of his closest friends to make sure people knew losing was unacceptable. JR CARES ABOUT WINNING.

3.) We don't have a culture of mediocrity, we have a culture of frustrated aspirations. The time of players around here coasting on past accomplishments is long gone, because this crop hasn't achieved anything. Yet. But they want to, and they try to, and early on they failed due to mistakes and circumstances that entail both players and coaches. But they are learning how to win. Up until two weeks ago, we never won a game when Cam had a turnover. Then we won two in a row, and in the second scored 44 points without Cam being involved in a single score. They are learning how to build on success. NO ONE INVOLVED WITH THE PANTHERS ACCEPTS LOSING.

So gripe and complain about why you think we have struggled to achieve our goals, but don't make ridiculous statements that are clearly false and pass them off as your intelligent insight. We've had bad breaks and individual failures, but this team I'd tending upward and will soon enough be accomplishing everything we hope for and more.

FINALLY!!!! Somebody has said it.

I agree with this post times infinity!!

Posted

I swear to God, I have no clue what some of you imagine it takes to win a football game.

First off, anything before 2011 is irrelevant to now. We have changed offenses, defenses, quarterbacks, coaches and fired the GM. So whatever happened before that is irrelevant.

For these last two seasons, we've had to bring along a rookie QB in a tough division with top 10 hardest schedules both seasons, a plethora of injuries and a messed up cap. But we've made progress. Not as fast as we want, but it's there. All of you bitchers referencing anything before 2011 show your ignorance, however.

Get 'em FP!!! It's almost like you're in my head! I'm loving this

Posted

JR doesnt want to win. He wants to make money. If winning happens, thats nice, but no need to overextend ourselves to reach it. No owner that is passionate about "winning" is this unlucky over a 17-18 year span. Dude jumped all those people in line for a transplant to live and rip off Panther fans another decade.

Why do u even post here?

You must be really mad about Django... Which was awesome btw!!

Posted

My biggest fear is turning into the Raiders where we have a revolving door at HC because we should be winning immediately. What if Rivera was fired and they brought in a new guy and we hover around the 6-8 win mark two years in a row, does he get fired too? Then we become the Raiders, then I kill myself.

2 people like this

Posted

JR doesnt want to win. He wants to make money. If winning happens, thats nice, but no need to overextend ourselves to reach it. No owner that is passionate about "winning" is this unlucky over a 17-18 year span. Dude jumped all those people in line for a transplant to live and rip off Panther fans another decade.

Unlike Johnson and Jordan who have put together the WORST team in the history of their league.

We know why you hate JR.

Posted

Post 31 nailed it.

Post 36 just makin' excuses.

Posted

I swear to God, I have no clue what some of you imagine it takes to win a football game.

First off, anything before 2011 is irrelevant to now. We have changed offenses, defenses, quarterbacks, coaches and fired the GM. So whatever happened before that is irrelevant.

For these last two seasons, we've had to bring along a rookie QB in a tough division with top 10 hardest schedules both seasons, a plethora of injuries and a messed up cap. But we've made progress. Not as fast as we want, but it's there. All of you bitchers referencing anything before 2011 show your ignorance, however.

i don't think this team knows how to put together a winning season.

prove i'm wrong.

1 person likes this

Posted

i don't think this team knows how to put together a winning season.

prove i'm wrong.

'96, '03, '05, '08

Too easy :)

1 person likes this

Posted

You know what's weird is that after the '10 season people would have killed for a franchise quarterback and to hope we could eventually be good again.

1 person likes this

Posted

JR wants to win. He just has been rocky with the hires he has made trying to reach that goal.

I believe he is trying to get it right.

Some on here just know JR isn't even trying.

Rivera inherited a crappy team with no cap room. But he is expected to win immediately. Zod I love the interwebz.

Posted

'96, '03, '05, '08

Too easy :)

flukes.

the real story is 1995, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.

that's the accurate picture of this team. 14 non- winning seasons.

tell me thats a team that knows how to win.

1 person likes this

Posted

JR wants to win. He just has been rocky with the hires he has made trying to reach that goal.

I believe he is trying to get it right.

Some on here just know JR isn't even trying.

Rivera inherited a crappy team with no cap room. But he is expected to win immediately. Zod I love the interwebz.

i don't doubt the heart. i doubt the ability.