#46 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

JR wants to win. He just has been rocky with the hires he has made trying to reach that goal.

I believe he is trying to get it right.

Some on here just know JR isn't even trying.

Rivera inherited a crappy team with no cap room. But he is expected to win immediately. Zod I love the interwebz.

#47 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,171 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

'96, '03, '05, '08

Too easy :)

flukes.

the real story is 1995, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.

that's the accurate picture of this team. 14 non- winning seasons.

tell me thats a team that knows how to win.

#48 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,171 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

JR wants to win. He just has been rocky with the hires he has made trying to reach that goal.

I believe he is trying to get it right.

Some on here just know JR isn't even trying.

Rivera inherited a crappy team with no cap room. But he is expected to win immediately. Zod I love the interwebz.

i don't doubt the heart. i doubt the ability.

#49 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,561 posts
  • LocationSouth Charlotte

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

My question is how are so many rookies in the playoffs this year? Why are organizations like the Colts able to turn around from 2-14, our record THREE years ago and go straight into the playoffs? Why are the bengals able to go TWICE with a rookie QB? San Fran, yet another example....

Care to make excuses for all those teams, maybe target their players and not their FOs going out and getting the people they need in place to win.

Cam is better than all those guys, at least I believe. We have more talent then them too I believe as a fan, and to see the only difference being the guys behind the scenes, putting poeple in place make me belive that is the difference that matters.

#50 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

It's not that this franchise doesn't care about winning.... it's that they DON'T KNOW HOW

#51 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

I am tired of watching the playoffs. There is no "maybe" when it comes to making the postseason next year. It's do it. Or you can just set fire to it all.

I'm sorry yor standards are so low, but demanding your team stop screwing around and win isnt being a poor fan. It's just the opposite. It'll be at least five years since we've seen the postseason, and unless your comfortable comparing us to the likes of Cleveland and Jacksonville ( and if you are screw you btw) there is absolutely no excuse for that.

This team has shown its comfortable with "hoping for the best" rather than making the commitment to being the best. They better hope and pray to God it works out this time because they are starting to lose this fanbase-and with how apathetic the team has been towards fixing what's wrong-its hard to blame anybody who said "forget it."

#52 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,340 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

My question is how are so many rookies in the playoffs this year? Why are organizations like the Colts able to turn around from 2-14, our record THREE years ago and go straight into the playoffs? Why are the bengals able to go TWICE with a rookie QB?

Cam is better than all those guys. We have more talent then them too I believe as a fan and to see the only difference being the guys behind the scenes, putting poeple in place make me belive that is the difference that matters.

Colts: Easy schedule and a hell of a lot of fortune

Bengals: Easy schedule and good defense

Redskins: Strong running game, good defense

Seaward: Strong running game, monster defense

#53 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,171 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

My question is how are so many rookies in the playoffs this year? Why are organizations like the Colts able to turn around from 2-14, our record THREE years ago and go straight into the playoffs? Why are the bengals able to go TWICE with a rookie QB? San Fran, yet another example....

Care to make excuses for all those teams, maybe target their players and not their FOs going out and getting the people they need in place to win.

Cam is better than all those guys, at least I believe. We have more talent then them too I believe as a fan, and to see the only difference being the guys behind the scenes, putting poeple in place make me belive that is the difference that matters.

i expect the response to be nothing but excuses and comments about rome not being built in a day followed by a suggestion that your not a real fan and you should slap yourself and/or find another team.....or drink the koolaid.

#54 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,340 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Stop with the asinine "well, my standards are higher" bullshit. If your standards are detached from reality then you will irrationally demand changes that defeat the ability to reach those standards. Am I happy with how things have gone? No. But I am far more familiar with the fact that perennial losers don't play like our team has over the last half of the year.

#55 Biggs934

Biggs934

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

I don't understand why so many are saying JR will not spend the money and takes the cheap route. When in fact we are in salary cap hell. He is spending the money, the problem was who Hurney was spending the money on.

Hopefully with a better GM, better picks will be made, smarter free agent pick-ups will happen, and contracts will be given out with at least some thought to how they will effect the team in the future.

#56 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,171 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Colts: Easy schedule and a hell of a lot of fortune

Bengals: Easy schedule and good defense

Redskins: Strong running game, good defense

Seaward: Strong running game, monster defense

panthers: top 10 offense and defense. lost to chiefs. swept by bucs.

#57 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,740 posts

Stop with the asinine "well, my standards are higher" bullshit. If your standards are detached from reality then you will irrationally demand changes that defeat the ability to reach those standards. Am I happy with how things have gone? No. But I am far more familiar with the fact that perennial losers don't play like our team has over the last half of the year.

They sure do play like us during the beginning of the year.

#58 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,740 posts

panthers: top 10 offense and defense.

Who's fault was it that we didn't have a running game to speak of (outside of our fuging QB) until the GM got poo canned?

#59 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

i don't doubt the heart. i doubt the ability.

I happen to see growth and improvement from Rivera. So I guess I see things through homer glasses.

Some folks only see the mistakes and failures. You could say they wear jaded specs.

The Cam effect in full glory. The expectations were not met. So folks rail. They forget too easily that this coaching staff has admitted to outsmarting themselves. That indicates an aggressive style to me. Trying to find a way to outsmart the opponent is great. And that is the main sticking point between the two factions.

Some see how this team has improved since then. We are a more complete team than any other time in recent memory. The coaching staff has improved. The play on the field has improved. JR is trying to improve the GM position. If all that can't color your glasses in the Panthers favor.

Others say. Why did it take so long to get it right? We should have been better earlier. My answer is that you make mistakes as you grow. It is how you respond to those mistakes. And IMO, this team and coaching staff have responded with a vengence.

I am still giddy over the future. I am happy Rivera is back. Both personally, because I kinda revel in the Rivera hater retoric. And as a fan who wants to see how this ends.

You have to love this stuff. Otherwise you will go nuts. Kinda like half the folks up in here. jk

#60 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,544 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Unlike Johnson and Jordan who have put together the WORST team in the history of their league.

We know why you hate JR.

This Panthers team is one of the worst football franchises, bottom tier in fact. Too soon to judge Johnson and Jordan, but JR has 4 winning seasons out of 18 seasons. If you think Johnson and Jordan are horrible, what about JR?

But I agree, the Bobcats arent very good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com