#61 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

The only guy making any sense and talking rationally in this thread is FieryProphet.

Mostly everybody else is just mad.

You mad people better get over it... Or it's gonna be a long offseason for you.

On the flip side, I fully e pect Rivera to make a mistake here or there moving fwd... And then the same lame people here roasting him at the stakes for them.

I choose to support THE PLAYERS that wanted to keep him, and our OWNER who agreed with them and in fact did retain him. If you didn't or don't agree with either them feel free to step out of the box and get yourself a new team to root for! Nobody is stopping you! In fact the real fans here encourage you to move along now! Just because all you've known is the Panthers doesn't mean you should remain a fan... So keep it moving haters or do you still consider yourselves "fans"?

#62 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

I happen to see growth and improvement from Rivera. So I guess I see things through homer glasses.

Some folks only see the mistakes and failures. You could say they wear jaded specs.

The Cam effect in full glory. The expectations were not met. So folks rail. They forget too easily that this coaching staff has admitted to outsmarting themselves. That indicates an aggressive style to me. Trying to find a way to outsmart the opponent is great. And that is the main sticking point between the two factions.

Some see how this team has improved since then. We are a more complete team than any other time in recent memory. The coaching staff has improved. The play on the field has improved. JR is trying to improve the GM position. If all that can't color your glasses in the Panthers favor.

Others say. Why did it take so long to get it right? We should have been better earlier. My answer is that you make mistakes as you grow. It is how you respond to those mistakes. And IMO, this team and coaching staff have responded with a vengence.

I am still giddy over the future. I am happy Rivera is back. Both personally, because I kinda revel in the Rivera hater retoric. And as a fan who wants to see how this ends.

You have to love this stuff. Otherwise you will go nuts. Kinda like half the folks up in here. jk

my biggest issue is i don't trust his game management, esp. at the end of the game. i haven't seen the growth or changes that I'd like to see and i don' t trust that what we saw at the end will be what we saw at the beginning of the year.

#63 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

The only guy making any sense and talking rationally in this thread is FieryProphet.

On the flip side, I fully e pect Rivera to make a mistake here or there moving fwd... And then the same lame people here roasting him at the stakes for them.

I choose to support THE PLAYERS that wanted to keep him, and our OWNER who agreed with them and in fact did retain him. If you didn't or don't agree with either them feel free to step out of the box and get yourself a new team to root for! Nobody is stopping you! In fact the real fans here encourage you to move along now! Just because all you've known is the Panthers doesn't mean you should remain a fan... So keep it moving haters or do you still consider yourselves "fans"?

quit telling people what to do.

#64 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

lol at the pompous asses in this thread telling people how to be a fan and support their team.

#65 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,792 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

There are very few statements I consider as just plain silly as "they don't care about winning".

People pretty much always say this right after the team makes a decision they disagree with.

Quick hint guys. They absolutely want to win. The fact that they don't happen to agree with you on how to accomplish that does nothing to disprove such.

Heck, even Matt Millen wanted to win. He just sucked at figuring out how to do it.

#66 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

In one post TCF managed to validate every single stereotype about who the ignoramous posters on this board are

IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THE PLAYERS THEN YOU SHOULD PULL FOR A WINNING TEAM AND STUFF!!!

#67 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,023 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

All of you bitchers referencing anything before 2011 show your ignorance, however.

'96, '03, '05, '08

Too easy :)

Oh now it's ok to reference something before 2011.

Talk about needing to be slapped.

#68 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Notice I have said nothing about Rivera being the answer at HC. That's not my call, I just have to hope that those who make that decision are making the right one. But saying those decision makers don't care about winning, or that the players and Rivera don't care about it, is ludicrous and ignorant.

#69 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

There are very few statements I consider as just plain silly as "they don't care about winning".

People pretty much always say this right after the team makes a decision they disagree with.

Quick hint guys. They absolutely want to win. The fact that they don't happen to agree with you on how to accomplish that does nothing to disprove such.

Heck, even Matt Millen wanted to win. He just sucked at figuring out how to do it.

not sure we've got it figured out either. proofs in the pudding.

#70 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Jordan Matthews Bandwagon.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,036 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

This thread is great!

#71 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,791 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

my biggest issue is i don't trust his game management, esp. at the end of the game. i haven't seen the growth or changes that I'd like to see and i don' t trust that what we saw at the end will be what we saw at the beginning of the year.

I cannot promise things will continue. I just have faith that they learned thier lesson and things won't change. We will be who we are. A more consistent well rounded team.

Hey, I was not happy with the way things started this year either. But the team that finished the year is a very good team. That is the team I expect to start next year. That is the team I think can scare other teams. So I am giddy over the future. I see brighter days and more wins. Especially if JR gets the GM pick right.

If our new GM can fix the mess Hurney left us. That would help Rivera out the most. That would give us some flexibility to continue to improve. We are on the verge of somethiing special. A GM who is on board with Rivera can work wonders for our future. Or at least that is what I see can happen.

#72 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

I cannot promise things will continue. I just have faith that they learned thier lesson and things won't change. We will be who we are. A more consistent well rounded team.

Hey, I was not happy with the way things started this year either. But the team that finished the year is a very good team. That is the team I expect to start next year. That is the team I think can scare other teams. So I am giddy over the future. I see brighter days and more wins. Especially if JR gets the GM pick right.

If our new GM can fix the mess Hurney left us. That would help Rivera out the most. That would give us some flexibility to continue to improve. We are on the verge of somethiing special. A GM who is on board with Rivera can work wonders for our future. Or at least that is what I see can happen.

i had faith. all thats left is a glimmer of hope. i need wins.

#73 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,791 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

IMO, JR looked Rivera in the eyes and decided he could get the job done. And I have faith that JR will do the same thing with our new GM.

JR has not had very good luck with the folks he has entrusted with decisions. He is going to do his very best to make sure the next guy is the right guy.

That alone gives me hope. My giddy is as excited as ever. I cannot argue with that.

#74 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,792 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Clearly not with Hurney in charge.

Here's to hoping that changes.

#75 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

quit telling people what to do.

Make me

In one post TCF managed to validate every single stereotype about who the ignoramous posters on this board are

IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THE PLAYERS THEN YOU SHOULD PULL FOR A WINNING TEAM AND STUFF!!!

If you're gonna sit here and complain about every move, then to hell with you... I'd rather replace a bitchy/shitty fan with a bandwagoner any day.

The fact is this... A "FAN" supports their team through thick and thin! Some people on this very thread aren't doing that.

My name on this site is self explanatory TRUE CATZ FAN (TruCatzFan)
That means I support this team in winning and losing. That's what a fan is... Take notes and let it marinate before you waste my time with a response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.