Ivan The Awesome

Jordan Matthews Bandwagon.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,014 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

quit telling people what to do.

lol at the pompous asses in this thread telling people how to be a fan and support their team.

Posted Image

#77 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,769 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

i had faith. all thats left is a glimmer of hope. i need wins.

Frustration is a cruel bitch. Clouds our memory. Gives rise to doubts. Lowers expectations. Drives hope underground. And worst of all, she has no remorse.

Over the last half of the season. Did you not see a team that actually looked like it belonged on an NFL field? Now try and remember last years finish. See a huge difference in those two teams?

This years team was a more complete team. A more balanced and aggressive team. A team making fewer mistakes and dumbdumb plays. I don't care who the opponent. This team played good football. That is why they won, and didn't find a way to lose.

All that stuff gets me giddy. This is not false hope. This hope is based on faith, observation, and that never fail eye test.

All you have to do is trust what YOU saw the last half of the year. Not happy, go with it. Happy, go with that. I am going with HAPPY.

#78 0115

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Frustration is a cruel bitch. Clouds our memory. Gives rise to doubts. Lowers expectations. Drives hope underground. And worst of all, she has no remorse.

Over the last half of the season. Did you not see a team that actually looked like it belonged on an NFL field? Now try and remember last years finish. See a huge difference in those two teams?

This years team was a more complete team. A more balanced and aggressive team. A team making fewer mistakes and dumbdumb plays. I don't care who the opponent. This team played good football. That is why they won, and didn't find a way to lose.

All that stuff gets me giddy. This is not false hope. This hope is based on faith, observation, and that never fail eye test.

All you have to do is trust what YOU saw the last half of the year. Not happy, go with it. Happy, go with that. I am going with HAPPY.

^This. The team played with soul.

#79 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,570 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

you misspelled cats.

#80 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,570 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Posted Image

huh?

did i tell anyone how to be a proper fan?

#81 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,570 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

being a panther fan i'm quite used to seeing a team that picks it up at the end of the season after any hopes of the playoffs are shot.

what we saw is pretty much a typical panther season. lose games until the end of the season and then win just enough to make you believe next year will be different.

my judgement isn't clouded and neither is my memory. i'm quite aware of who this team is.

#82 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

^This. The team played with soul.

That is as good of a discription than anything I have heard. I like it.

#83 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

being a panther fan i'm quite used to seeing a team that picks it up at the end of the season after any hopes of the playoffs are shot.

what we saw is pretty much a typical panther season. lose games until the end of the season and then win just enough to make you believe next year will be different.

my judgement isn't clouded and neither is my memory. i'm quite aware of who this team is.

I guess we just have to disagree on this then. You see the same old Panthers. I see a team I can be proud of. Two different views of the same thing. Funny how that works.

#84 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,570 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

I guess we just have to disagree on this then. You see the same old Panthers. I see a team I can be proud of. Two different views of the same thing. Funny how that works.

i saw a team who couldn't get their act together till the end of the season. how is that any different?

#85 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,452 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Make me

If you're gonna sit here and complain about every move, then to hell with you... I'd rather replace a bitchy/shitty fan with a bandwagoner any day.

The fact is this... A "FAN" supports their team through thick and thin! Some people on this very thread aren't doing that.

My name on this site is self explanatory TRUE CATZ FAN (TruCatzFan)
That means I support this team in winning and losing. That's what a fan is... Take notes and let it marinate before you waste my time with a response.

Watching you try to formulate an insult is awfully similar to watching Jerry Richardson try to run a football team

Neither of you have any care for logic or value so you replace those things with rah rah rants and speeches and such and hope that people don't notice

#86 bigskypanthersguy

bigskypanthersguy

Prowl, Cats, Prowl.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Here's the thing about expecting this year to have been a playoff season: 2010 took away much of the leadership and depth we had. Besides that, this team is hysterically historically awful at drafting wide receivers, defensive tackles, and seems to not care about early cornerbacks, and generally refuses to make a free agency impact beyond scrubs and bottom-feeders. Until we improve our depth, and that has to happen through the draft, how in the world could we compete against teams like Green Bay or Seattle?

I've yelled at PantherTrain in many threads this season for wanting us to have a higher draft pick, because I'm sick to death of losing seasons. I'm sick of the mentality that high draft picks are what's more important than, worse case scenario, a .500 record.

But dammit, we have to fix our depth, and while part of me hoped Kalil's ad would come true, I just didn't think we'd have the depth necessary to accomplish that. Obviously, I was right, and I hope we never get as injury-riddled at offensive line again. It was miserable.

Here's the thing with building depth: it takes time. For everyone who's excited about the potential of this team, we're probably another draft or two away from having something, and it doesn't help that the 2011 draft largely busted. Many of us want to get out of this rut of having 14 losing seasons, but that won't happen until we can get better backups, and I really hope Rivera tracks down a copy of Clock Management for Dummies. That, and Chud being forcefed I-formation running plays until he has Total Recall-style nightmares about them would do wonders for this team: we all witnessed how much better the defense became once we controlled TOP, and how much better the running backs were as well.

Regardless of depth, regardless of coaching style, regardless of the draft: I can't give up on this team. They've been a part of my life for too long, and it feels like we're just on the cusp of turning the corner. I truly hope that corner comes in 2013.

#87 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,698 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

desire =/= know-how

misunderstanding the difference in these two things are what cause otherwise intelligent posters privy to all the same information divide so heavily over the issue

#88 pantherpain

pantherpain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Have been reading your post over the past few days and I`m in your camp, you have shown the most reason, you have only stated what is, not a blind fan with his homer glasses on or a the world is ending. You have just said what it is, and every time I wanted to log in and make a post you were already there making it for me thx.

#89 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,570 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Have been reading your post over the past few days and I`m in your camp, you have shown the most reason, you have only stated what is, not a blind fan with his homer glasses on or a the world is ending. You have just said what it is, and every time I wanted to log in and make a post you were already there making it for me thx.

i wish i didn't feel like that. i wish i had more faith. i wish i had more than just another handful of games at the end of the season. i wish my blue& black goggles hadn't fallen off.

but it happened.

it's up to the team next year to prove they've really turned the corner because regardless of how they looked at the end, i won't be buying it.

#90 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

i saw a team who couldn't get their act together till the end of the season. how is that any different?

I guess the questions become. How do you feel about this team after it finally, got their act together?

How good is got their act together? I see a pretty darn good football team. Some say show me.

What about the coach and staff that got that team to got their act together? I say that both they and the players are growing together. Some say they haven't proven nothing yet.

Or the players that executed the plays well enough to win? I see a well coached group giving it thier all, and getting wins to show for it. Some say we beat nobody, and could very well start next year off just like this year.

I am giddy over the future. Some are too jaded from the past to allow optimism to rear its ugly head.

I would say that is two very distinctly different views of Panther fandom. And through the beauty of the interwebz. We can share those opposing views. Kinda cool huh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.