Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRA

Superbowl HCs (first 2 yrs)

65 posts in this topic

The everything doesn't happen overnight logic is stupid?

That is one reason Rivera should stay.

being handicapped by a fired GM is another reason he deserved another year.

no. using records from SB winning coaches is dumb. that's like a jaguar fan saying "blaine gabbert isn't a bust, drew brees sucked in his first two seasons too! we just need to wait it out."

how about we just go by these instead of worrying about what other coaches do... because what they do doesn't fuging matter.

started 2011 2-8

started 2012 2-8

when games are within one score, he is 2-12

we blew an 11 point lead in five minutes against the bucs... at home

we blew an 8 point lead in five minutes against the bears

we've blown three 4th quarter leads to the falcons

we've blown several other 4th quarter leads... hell we were beating the saints 44-24 last week with five minutes left until it was all of a sudden 44-38.

most of rivera's wins are over backup or terrible QBs (john beck, matt leinart, blaine gabbert, josh johnson, tj yates, curtis painter) or teams that had lame duck coaches (chargers, 2011 bucs, eagles, saints w/ their interim guys).

that's 11/13 wins. so you have a win over the rg3skins and falcons (where players said they were complacent against us)... and... that's it.

his situational playcalling is the absolute worst (4 minute offense, 2 minute drill, prevent defense). he's a horrible time manager. can't keep up with adjustments. he's good at X's and O's (why we always lead) and getting the most out of his players (like our journeymen corners who played v well). but he has no business being a head coach.

2013 is over before it even began. and we just became the least desirable place for potential GMs. who the hell wants to take over a team where they can't even choose their coach? add in our horrid cap situation and we're pretty much doomed.

Again, lots of good coaches have made coaching errors early on in their careers. Some times they don't have the talent to make the "right call". Some times it is growing pains.

Lots of players have played poorly early on as well....sometimes it is learning, sometimes it is talent around them.

Some you shouldn't give up on after 2 seasons. I think RR has shown some positives and been handicapped. THAT, to me, suggests two seasons haven't been enough to pass him off yet. I think he has made some coaching blunders....I also thinking lacking in talent at spots has made calls look bad when they probably are the smart call.

Again, lots of good coaches have made coaching errors early on in their careers. Some times they don't have the talent to make the "right call". Some times it is growing pains.

Lots of players have played poorly early on as well....sometimes it is learning, sometimes it is talent around them.

Some you shouldn't give up on after 2 seasons. I think RR has shown some positives and been handicapped. THAT, to me, suggests two seasons haven't been enough to pass him off yet. I think he has made some coaching blunders....I also thinking lacking in talent at spots has made calls look bad when they probably are the smart call.

Stop being rational. Dont you know we should have a super bowl ring, with another on the way by now?

ok...so when you do draw the line?

3 years? 4 years? 5?

at what point do you get the idea that this coach won't be able to put together a winning season or get you in the playoffs?

3 years? 4 years? 5?

at what point do you get the idea that this coach won't be able to put together a winning season or get you in the playoffs?

You don't. He's a first time head coach, he's learning, it's his coordinators, sure we're a poo team but the players like him, etc

btw...how long did it take for rome to get built?

500 years?

sorry, but that's too long.

btw...how long did it take for rome to get built?

500 years?

sorry, but that's too long.

I don't know how long it took to build Rome, but I imagine Rivera will have to build it in 8 games.

Yep, I didn't think it was that tough to get the point of it

lol...we're on the huddle dude...unfortunately you have to spell it out for some folks

3 years? 4 years? 5?

3. Playoffs. Or he is gone. Winning record isn't enough.

Rivera got his QB year 1 and it is a talented one so 3 is the window for me. Even if Cam goes down he should make sure the new GM ditches Clausen and they find him a real young QB to add

Oh, doom and gloom....Rivera hasn't made us a Superbowl contender in 2 seasons so he is now poo. Lets look at what the few winners did as they started growing as HCs (record after their first 2 yrs as HC)

A look at the last 15 rings handed out. In the last 15 years only 11 HCs can claim they are Superbowl winners.

2011 - Coughlin - 13-19

2010 - McCarthy - 21-11 (team was 12-20 the 2 years prior)

2009 - Payton - 17-15 (team was 11-21 the two years prior)

2008 - Tomlin- 22-10 Superbowl (team was 19-13 the 2 years prior)

2007 - Coughlin - 13-19

2006 - Dungy -16-16

2005 - Cowher - 18-12 (team was 16-16 2 years prior)

2004 - Belichick 13-19

2003 - Belichick - 13-19

2002 - Gruden- 16-16

2001 - Belichick - 13-19

2000- Billick - 20-12 - Superbowl (team was 12-19 two years prior)

1999- Vermiel - 9-19

1998 - Shannahan - 8-12 (fired)

1997 - Shanahan - 8-12 (fired)

Out of the last 11 Superbowl winning HCs (last 15 seasons) only 5 won more games than they lost 2 years in to their head coaching careers during the regular season.

Now Ron.

13-19 (team was 10-22 the two years prior).

All I am saying is Rome wasn't built in a day. We don't fully know Ron's big picture potential. He deserves one more year to show his development. Sure, there are exceptions....sometimes a coach like Brian Billick will take over a team that was losing and wins Superbowl in two years. But Brian Billick isn't a reason to fire Rivera. Only other coach to win it in 2 years in recent history was a essentially a turn key operation in Mike Tomlin.

Now, can someone please make a Ron Rivera I Got This gif?

15 years there.

I dont see a bad 2 first years on that list. I see 12 of the 15 Head Coaches on that list had previous Head Coaching experince with other clubs.

Rivera has none of that experience and neither do his OC or DC.

Shows itself badly on Sundays in game management and prep.