• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,642 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

From the info I got earlier it seems Rivera would need at least 10 wins or a playoff berth.

i hope that's right.

i'd feel a whole lot better about the organization if that's the case.

if the players don't like it they need to buck up and play great all year.

whatever it takes to win.

#32 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

That's what I was thinking this year after starting 2-8. But everybody changed their tune after the strong finish.

Everybody did not change their mind. If he only improves 2 games next year he should obviously be replaced. But he won't. Big cat will double his salary and give him a 5 year extension.

#33 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

I was on the fence about keeping Ron and can still talk myself into he should have been fired or keeping him was the right choice. That being said it should absolutely be playoffs or go home next year. I keep going back to Gary Kubiak in my mind

Houston plays strong now but their best season his first five years was 9-7.

I'm not saying we wait that long with Ron , but it gives evidence that it can take a couple years to figure it out

#34 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

We don't even know what the roster looks like for next season. Where is the logic in this? You're all just bloodthirsty.

#35 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

His contract expires after next season
We won't give him another contract even if we go 10-6 but miss the playoffs

#36 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,642 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

His contract expires after next season
We won't give him another contract even if we go 10-6 but miss the playoffs

its a four year contract. not three. right?

#37 hitman80

hitman80

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Everybody did not change their mind. If he only improves 2 games next year he should obviously be replaced. But he won't. Big cat will double his salary and give him a 5 year extension.

True, not everybody. It just feels like the general Huddle atmosphere has drastically changed from earlier in the year when we were eliminated from the playoffs to now.

But that could be the fact that JR is retaining Rivera so we have to accept it and move on.

#38 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

its a four year contract. not three. right?

I thought I read it was three
Not sure

#39 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Just get a #1 receiver and we're a year in year out 11-5 playoff team. Smith is just too short and old for a #1. Lafell needs some medecine for his pigskin allergy.

#40 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

I'm pretty sure that Jerry told him the playofs are an absolute must if he is to stay any longer.... of course I could be wrong.

#41 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

If we miss the playoffs, he should be fired.

#42 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Keep him, its not his fault the current playoff system is flawed and even winning teams can miss the playoffs which I hope changes next season by expanding playoff teams to 14 instead of 12. Why fans are so against this and think its perfectly fair for 10-6 and 9-7 teams to miss the playoffs is beyond me. I guess they have this silly notion that if it is expanded to 14 teams then all of a sudden 7-9 and 6-10 teams will make the playoffs which is just silly and unfounded. But anyway I digress..

I wont blame Rivera one bit, he got us the winning record, cant blame him for a flawed playoff system.

#43 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Keep him, its not his fault the current playoff system is flawed and even winning teams can miss the playoffs which I hope changes next season by expanding playoff teams to 14 instead of 12. Why fans are so against this and think its perfectly fair for 10-6 and 9-7 teams to miss the playoffs is beyond me. I guess they have this silly notion that if it is expanded to 14 teams then all of a sudden 7-9 and 6-10 teams will make the playoffs which is just silly and unfounded. But anyway I digress..

I wont blame Rivera one bit, he got us the winning record, cant blame him for a flawed playoff system.

Fans don't like the notion because a) not everyone should be able to go to the playoffs, it defeats the purpose of the playoffs and B) because 9-7 is mediocre. Mediocrity should not be rewarded.

#44 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Fans don't like the notion because a) not everyone should be able to go to the playoffs, it defeats the purpose of the playoffs and B) because 9-7 is mediocre. Mediocrity should not be rewarded.

So the 9-7 SB winning Giants are a mediocre team? And not "everyone" would have made the playoffs. if the Playoffs expanded to 14 teams this season you would have the 10-6 Bears as the 7th team in the NFC and the 8-8 Steelers in the AFC for the 7th AFC team this season.

Also you would have less teams give up so early in the season if they knew they had a better shot at the playoffs

#45 JccOldTime23

JccOldTime23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

You guys know JR started Hardees, not Bojangles....right?

He started Hardees but he owns Bojangles now too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com