58 replies to this topic

#46 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

So the 9-7 SB winning Giants are a mediocre team? And not "everyone" would have made the playoffs. if the Playoffs expanded to 14 teams this season you would have the 10-6 Bears as the 7th team in the NFC and the 8-8 Steelers in the AFC for the 7th AFC team this season.

Also you would have less teams give up so early in the season if they knew they had a better shot at the playoffs

And the 9-7 Giants still miss out which "isn't fair".

#47 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,543 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

...and we miss the playoffs by one game, I wonder how everybody would react? Keep him? Fire him?

the future is not as simple as you make it out to be.

for instance....does Cam play every game?

#48 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

He started Hardees but he owns Bojangles now too.

I don't believe he has any interest in either at this point. Hardy's was part of Flaggstar and I know JR retired from that company long ago. I'm not sure if he still has a strong position in that company or not.

JR was part of a group that also included Hugh McColl, and that group bought Bojangles, then later sold it.

Other than the Panthers, I'm not sure if he has a majority position in any other company now.

#49 hitman80

hitman80

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

the future is not as simple as you make it out to be.

for instance....does Cam play every game?

I was assuming he would. There are always possible injuries, etc. but I was just asking if the season was similar to this year except we make a couple more plays to get a couple more wins. Still missing out on the playoffs but with a winning record.

#50 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

So the 9-7 SB winning Giants are a mediocre team? And not "everyone" would have made the playoffs. if the Playoffs expanded to 14 teams this season you would have the 10-6 Bears as the 7th team in the NFC and the 8-8 Steelers in the AFC for the 7th AFC team this season.

Also you would have less teams give up so early in the season if they knew they had a better shot at the playoffs

They won the division which is the only way a 9-7 team should make the playoffs.

#51 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

Hardees was founded by Wilbur Hardee.

Bojangles is owned by Boston based global private equity firm Advent International.

#52 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,710 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

A lot will depend on how and why we got to that 9-7 record. I we were replaying this season, with the same rosters and everything I would be upset with 9-7 but next year's schedule is tougher and who knows how other teams improve/regress.

#53 Guest_Super_Freak_*

Guest_Super_Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

9-7 would be a great improvement so keep.

#54 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Honestly if Rivera makes the playoffs next year I will be surprised. We will be in cap hell next year and the year after that because of what Hurney did. Not only that but even the good players that we drafted will walk because of Hurneys perversion with LBs and RBs.

#55 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Hardees was founded by Wilbur Hardee.

Bojangles is owned by Boston based global private equity firm Advent International.

Richardson is part of that investment group

#56 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Richardson is part of that investment group

He was part of Falfurrias, that sold to Advent.

#57 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

He was part of Falfurrias, that sold to Advent.

Right you are

#58 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

I'm patient to a fault (see Dwayne Jarrett), but this season I found myself doubting Rivera & Co. However, after seeing the way that the team continued to fight through this season after so many heartbreakers and adjustments made by the staff, Rivera earned my support back.

With that said, anything less than a playoff appearance is unacceptable. I don't want to put a W-L record because ultimately it's the post season that I want to see again. If the team goes 9-7 though, I'm going to need at least one post season win to justify keeping Rivera.

#59 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

I've also seen posts here that JR caught the 1st forward pass in the NFL and developed Excel for Microsoft.

:cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.