• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

If we miss the playoffs, he should be fired.

#42 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• PipPipPipPip
TROLLOLOL

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Keep him, its not his fault the current playoff system is flawed and even winning teams can miss the playoffs which I hope changes next season by expanding playoff teams to 14 instead of 12. Why fans are so against this and think its perfectly fair for 10-6 and 9-7 teams to miss the playoffs is beyond me. I guess they have this silly notion that if it is expanded to 14 teams then all of a sudden 7-9 and 6-10 teams will make the playoffs which is just silly and unfounded. But anyway I digress..

I wont blame Rivera one bit, he got us the winning record, cant blame him for a flawed playoff system.

#43 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Keep him, its not his fault the current playoff system is flawed and even winning teams can miss the playoffs which I hope changes next season by expanding playoff teams to 14 instead of 12. Why fans are so against this and think its perfectly fair for 10-6 and 9-7 teams to miss the playoffs is beyond me. I guess they have this silly notion that if it is expanded to 14 teams then all of a sudden 7-9 and 6-10 teams will make the playoffs which is just silly and unfounded. But anyway I digress..

I wont blame Rivera one bit, he got us the winning record, cant blame him for a flawed playoff system.

Fans don't like the notion because a) not everyone should be able to go to the playoffs, it defeats the purpose of the playoffs and B) because 9-7 is mediocre. Mediocrity should not be rewarded.

#44 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• PipPipPipPip
TROLLOLOL

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Fans don't like the notion because a) not everyone should be able to go to the playoffs, it defeats the purpose of the playoffs and B) because 9-7 is mediocre. Mediocrity should not be rewarded.

So the 9-7 SB winning Giants are a mediocre team? And not "everyone" would have made the playoffs. if the Playoffs expanded to 14 teams this season you would have the 10-6 Bears as the 7th team in the NFC and the 8-8 Steelers in the AFC for the 7th AFC team this season.

Also you would have less teams give up so early in the season if they knew they had a better shot at the playoffs

#45 JccOldTime23

JccOldTime23

• LocationGreenville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

You guys know JR started Hardees, not Bojangles....right?

He started Hardees but he owns Bojangles now too.

#46 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

So the 9-7 SB winning Giants are a mediocre team? And not "everyone" would have made the playoffs. if the Playoffs expanded to 14 teams this season you would have the 10-6 Bears as the 7th team in the NFC and the 8-8 Steelers in the AFC for the 7th AFC team this season.

Also you would have less teams give up so early in the season if they knew they had a better shot at the playoffs

And the 9-7 Giants still miss out which "isn't fair".

#47 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

...and we miss the playoffs by one game, I wonder how everybody would react? Keep him? Fire him?

the future is not as simple as you make it out to be.

for instance....does Cam play every game?

#48 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

He started Hardees but he owns Bojangles now too.

I don't believe he has any interest in either at this point. Hardy's was part of Flaggstar and I know JR retired from that company long ago. I'm not sure if he still has a strong position in that company or not.

JR was part of a group that also included Hugh McColl, and that group bought Bojangles, then later sold it.

Other than the Panthers, I'm not sure if he has a majority position in any other company now.

#49 hitman80

hitman80

• PipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

the future is not as simple as you make it out to be.

for instance....does Cam play every game?

I was assuming he would. There are always possible injuries, etc. but I was just asking if the season was similar to this year except we make a couple more plays to get a couple more wins. Still missing out on the playoffs but with a winning record.

#50 fjblair

fjblair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

They won the division which is the only way a 9-7 team should make the playoffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users